Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi the radio works fine

the tape apears to be playing but no sound or when sound comes out its broken (speeding up slowing down <= i think)

i removed it cleand the tapes head with proper fuid on cotton bud put it back in no different

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

If you can find a cassette cleaner cartridge, you might try applying a little Isopropyl alcohol to the fiber tape in the carteidge and running it throygh the player. This not only cleans the play-back heads, but it also helps to clean the capstains/rollers and pinch-wheels.

I know this isn't encouraging, but I think that road dust/grime is another reason why the c.d. players seem to be a little more reliable. If only they would skip less...:D

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

I also think that the original rubber drive belts are most likely dried out and/or worn.

If you're comfrotable with tearing the radio down, do so, and remove the belts, go to a stereo repair shop and find some new drive belts, install them, lube the bushings/bearings with light oiland clean the heads carefully with alcohol, reassemble the radio and if all the electronics are good it should work.

Vic

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks just taken it apart took belt of so i will go maplins tomorrow to get a replacement i will let you know the outcome asap

thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.