Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1. Teaching Math In 1960s (when I was in school)

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

2. Teaching Math In 1970s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit ?
Yes or No

4. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 2000s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok).

6. Teaching Math In 2010

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

ANSWER: His profit was $375,000 because his logging business is just a front for his pot farm.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

too true to be funny.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
imported post

:claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

7. Teaching math soon

怎么了?[表示惊讶]
副 为什么;何故 我们;本人 动 买;购;得手;收买
名 购买;购物;好买的;便宜货 锯木场 北京人(从北京来的) ?

Loose translation "Why we now must buy all our lumber from Beijing?"

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Brother you couldn't have hit it more square on the head... Getting out my soap box......I could rant all day about these points, but what good would it do????...At times I think the people who run our educational systems are retards, no offense to teachers here, I know your hands are tied.....Last night on the news they made the comment about the worlds most spoke language???..I'm thinking English, but boy was I wrong, its Mandarin Chinese, which will be taught starting soon in the first grades here????.....

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Number five sounds like an assignment my current english teacher would give, I can't wait for this semester to end next week.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

This is probably more accurate
dedgar wrote:
1. Teaching Math In 1960s (when I was in school)

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit ?

2. Teaching Math In 1970s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit ?
Yes or No

4. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 2000s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok).

6. Teaching math in 2010

Congratulations, you did absolutely nothing and you still pass.

7. Teaching Math In 2015

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

ANSWER: His profit was $375,000 because his logging business is just a front for his pot farm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.