Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,

I just bought a GL1800 and I'd like to know which level of ajustment should I use in the rear suspension. My wieght is 96 Kilos and I allways ride alone.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the best forum on the net:waving::waving: it depends on the type of roads you travel on ,,Here in Ireland I tend to keep mine around halfway up the scale ,,that way it is never to hard or soft and I find it very confortable ,,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I'm about the same weight as you and I set the suspension just under half way solo and almost up full with a pillion. Works well for me.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey esaraiva, :waving:Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:My weight would be around 17st (thats a state secret) and dont tell my (whats her name) wife. I have my :18red:suspension set at 05 and travel alone most of the time, andwhen whats her name darling (I call her that when I can't remember her name) is on I set them at 15. :jumper: Now some riders have them set at default which i had for a long time, :grinner:but then i decided to change them to 05 and she travels and handles supreme. :weightlifter:This is like a lot of topics on the :18red:it's a pers choice, whichever you feel most comfortable with. :leprechaun:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Redwing is right. Suspension settings are hard to suggest, one mans preferences may be another mans pain in the ....
It's just a matter of finding a setting that suits your riding style, weight & build and the road conditions you usually travel.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

As a personal rule of thumb I set mine as high as possible when 2-up on rough roads and about half-way around town and solo. If you are short on legs you might have no choice other than to set it low.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Eamonn1200 wrote:
If you are short on legs you might have no choice other than to set it low.
Hey Eamonn1200, :waving:And the other alternative for a shorty is, :crying:Wear high Heels. :grinner:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.