imported post

Thanks everyone! :waving:This is exactly what I was thinking. :clapper:

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Tonys96 wrote:
May I suggest that the moderators review and critique the articles before posting.

Thought should be given to completeness and visual aids, such as pictures or drawings.
I think that's the general idea, nothing will be posted until it's been checked for accuracy.

I'd suggest if we all went through old postings and sent the link to the wingnut, there are obviously existing and accurate articles already on the forum.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
I just replaced another burned out stator in a GL1200... As soon as I can, I'll take a picture if it and submit an article..
Well done Renagade and the other lads.
I've PM'ed the wingnut to volunteer to trawl the whole technical forum and look for articles already there that could be moved to the new section. There is a surprisinly large numbre of very accurate posts, a few others need correcting but are still useful.

I may as well earn my guru status. Looking forward to helping out. :jumper:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

I think these guys are talking about original stuff from this forum :clapper:presented by the "Gurus" or members themselvesand not links to other sites. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

ccsailor wrote:
Hey redwing how about an article on how you stayed young so long;
Hey ccsailor :stumped: Im not so young anymore but i feel young. :clapper: I put it all down to "No Smoking" "No Alcohol" "No Drugs" and most definately "No Sex" Hey thats got nothing to do with :1000red: :11red: :12red: :15red: :18red:

:doh::18red::doh:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Maybe I missed it...but I use the "Search" box and it works really well...just did a search for "GL1500 forks" and it returned 11 entries with those specific subjects.

I do think the description should first list the bike...like 95GL1500A or something like that. I have a harder time finding stuff that relates to my particular model instead of a 1000, 1100, 1200, etc. This should be a "suggestion" on how to post. Then perhaps "DIY" or "fork teardown procedure" or something like that...a standardized coding. What do you guys think?

IMHO of course. I still think this place is wonderful...just the way it is.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Hi Greg. The search on this forum is very accurate, probably the most accurate I've seen on any Goldwing forum.
But the reference section would be handy as well. If it stops the members repeating the same question over and over then it has to be worth a shot. I vote for keeping that part of the forum for registered members only to have access to.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
ccsailor wrote:
Hey redwing how about an article on how you stayed young so long;
Hey ccsailor :stumped: Im not so young anymore but i feel young. :clapper: I put it all down to "No Smoking" "No Alcohol" "No Drugs" and most definately "No Sex" Hey thats got nothing to do withit!
Did you ever consider that you aren't approaching 80, just feel like it?

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
NO. ! ! :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
exavid wrote:
I dunno, no stogies, no liquor, no women...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing wrote:
exavid wrote:
I dunno, no stogies, no liquor, no women...
I recon Redwing is a Priest, either that or he eats junk food and burns up the neighbourhood on his Honda 50, scaring alll the old grannies for kicks.

This Workshop idea is excellent and will help us novices no end, along with avoidingus asking the same old questions again and again. It is not always easy to track down what we want to know as it is.

Pete

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
hi all,brilliant idea bob,why not steve?;)

Steve's already given the green light for this earlier in the thread, I hope all the people keen on this are getting their tech submissions ready Bri. :waving:

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

OK, I'll add my two cents. It kind of bugs me when somebody will ask if there are detailed instructions or copies of the manual posted on the web. For cryin out loud get your sorry butt down to the dealer and order the book! OK I feel better thanks.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

1200bikes. Yeah i got my Manual, sounds like my nicotine patch fell off sorry. :jumper:

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
imported post

Forgive me for asking, and I know I run the risk of being shot down in flames, but shouldn't the Bikers Workshop figure in this somewhere? That's how I stumbled across this site - I was looking for info on how to change the air filter on my 1800 and, lo, there it was, chapter, verse and colour pics. It was a long job but I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise. Or am I missing the point? If so, I apologise.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.