Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1200 aspencade which runs well from cold for 2 miles, then cuts out completely {no spark found}, wait 5 minutes and she'll run for one hundred yards, stop again, and restart. After this she'll run all day. This happens everytime I take the bike out and I Know now exactly where it will stop !! Can any one sugggest what the problem is? Thanks alot, Chris

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey chris vernon :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
imported post

I would look for a loose connection someplace or maybe the main fuse is bad or corroded. Is it the original one from honda?, checkthe ignition switch there known for going bad. Pulse generators are known for giving similar problems so you might look there.

I had a car that did the exact same thing you having a problem with. Turned out to be a bad connection at the coil. Took a while to find it as it would run fine otherwise:shock:

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, Chris! Since your engine has 2 coils and 2 pulse units to fire the coils, I would say it's not them if it dies completly. Your coils connect together at the ground, I would check there. The next place I would look is at the starter relay, just to the right of the battery. The current flows to and from the battery at the terminals at the top of it. They are well known to get hot and burn.
Speaking of burning, do a search on "stator" and you will find plenty of information on a very weak spot in the bikes wiring. You should check this out before trusting the bike very far from home.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Check the main fuse. They are famous for developing hairline cracks and opening when everything heats up. The best thing to do is replace the main fuse block with an automotive 30-amp inline fuse holder. Solder it in and heat-shrink the wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.