1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:waving:

hey you techno guys and gals i want to see how to do this but i dunno how

im going to get a xbox 360 with the live thingy so it can hook to the internet i have a wireless router

so my question is can i just use the wireless router with the xbox 360? because i want to also use that netflix thing to watch movies instantly rather than pay 4 bucks a whack at block buster or redbox surcharges

alrighty now rember

me no good at lights and wires on techno stuff me good at fixing semi's and motorcycles please you need to dumb up the posts so i can understand them.... thanks

alex:bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yes, you can just use the wireless part for the internet and netflix. My son use wireless on his PSP all the time.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Bigger hammer:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

You will need to get the wireless adapter for the Xbox (I don't think it is included normally). Get the fastest one you can. The other issue will be the speed of your current wireless router. You will want a G or and N, my son could use Xbox live on our old wireless B router but it wasn't fast enough for streaming video.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

jwhitmore44 wrote:
You will need to get the wireless adapter for the Xbox (I don't think it is included normally). Get the fastest one you can. The other issue will be the speed of your current wireless router. You will want a G or and N, my son could use Xbox live on our old wireless B router but it wasn't fast enough for streaming video.
jwhitmore44 is correct, you need an adapter. They are expensive. I got a 50' cat6 cable from monoprice.com http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10232&cs_id=1023213&p_id=2323&seq=1&format=2and ran it straight to my gateway (router) and it worked great (no adapter). Just have to run the wires behind the wall. The cable was $6.50 plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.