Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
have you even tried windows 10 with the Classic Shell, I don't find it any different than 7 except it is very fast and Defender stops anything from coming in that you dont want.

Been using it since it first came along and never looked back.

I see your retired, I know a lot of older people are unable to change, I'm only 78 so I don't have any problems with it

·
Magic Moderator
4,524 Posts
There is one Windows10 machine in the house and no one uses it, none of us like it. Running at any time is 2 Windows7, 2 Windows8 and every now and then XP. Most of what I have in software requires either XP or 7. Most decent PC games ran on XP and older systems. Yes, I'm retired and 61. I also have an inexpensive smart-phone that I'm not too crazy about. :ROFL:

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
have you even tried windows 10 with the Classic Shell, I don't find it any different than 7 except it is very fast and Defender stops anything from coming in that you dont want.

Been using it since it first came along and never looked back.

I see your retired, I know a lot of older people are unable to change, I'm only 78 so I don't have any problems with it
I have a laptop with win8 and classic shell, it's OK but I still don't get along with it as well as win7. Haven't tried win10 but haven't seen many positive comments.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,248 Posts
I used Classic Shell on my ASUS laptop with Win 8.x

It was too slow and still had hiccups that pissed me off.

Then I installed Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon on it. Much faster and almost never crashes.

Even when Linux does crash, it will restart in about 60 seconds and be right at the same place you were.

I have not abandoned Win 7, but not in a hurry to use Win10

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
my windows 10 boots up to password prompt in 22 seconds after that it is usable at 27 after input.

My windows 10 doesn't crash. and never has, most problems were caused by using old and obsolete hardware. Sure windows 10 might say it will run.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.