Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MotoCampers forum is starting to make plans for their Cherahola Chillout at Hunt's MC campground already... Should be during the first or second weekend in June if any of you outdoor types are interested?:claps:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thats just a couple of weeks before Nassir 6 in Canada..........

Im in!

Im not sleeping down by the road though, Im going to the top of the hill where it's quieter and the view is pleasant.........

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
It was pretty nice on the other side of town in a cabin for us... lol
Wife only had to hear me snore.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
The MotoCampers forum is starting to make plans for their Cherahola Chillout at Hunt's MC campground already... Should be during the first or second weekend in June if any of you outdoor types are interested?:claps:
I went over there and didn't see anything posted, checked the calendar of events and nothing there either..........

You OK Jim?

It was pretty nice on the other side of town in a cabin for us... lol
Wife only had to hear me snore.
Rent one of the cabins at Hunts if you can, got to make reservations early. We rented one a couple of weeks ago and they were great! A lot bigger inside than they look from the outside. They are well insulated and quiet as well as heated and air conditioned. Nice!!! I would get a cabin again!

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
This one is on my list but may be tough to make this year. There is our annual Spring Darksiders ride in on May 16, 17 & 18 at Franklin NC (GL1800riders.com forum) that has become a tradition for a riding friend from Ontario and I to get together (this will be year #3) and then NASSIR 6 in Ontario in early July. Then we're going to spend a couple of weeks up in New England and the Maritime provinces in August this year. I just don't know if I can get (or even have) all those days off from work. Maybe I can sneak out for a weekend ride without taking any additional time off as it's not too far from home!
:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one is on my list but may be tough to make this year. There is our annual Spring Darksiders ride in on May 16, 17 & 18 at Franklin NC (GL1800riders.com forum) that has become a tradition for a riding friend from Ontario and I to get together (this will be year #3) and then NASSIR 6 in Ontario in early July. Then we're going to spend a couple of weeks up in New England and the Maritime provinces in August this year. I just don't know if I can get (or even have) all those days off from work. Maybe I can sneak out for a weekend ride without taking any additional time off as it's not too far from home!
:cheesygrin:
I'm sure you can make it work John... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not sleeping down by the road though, Im going to the top of the hill where it's quieter and the view is pleasant.........
Well the dates are all set for June 7th through the 10th at Hunt's!

The facilities at the "top of the hill" are pretty rudimentary John, don't you think? :ROFL:

Attachments

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Well the dates are all set for June 7th through the 10th at Hunt's!

The facilities at the "top of the hill" are pretty rudimentary John, don't you think? :ROFL:

Well that place has really went to the dogs since I was there. :ROFL::ROFL:

WHERE'S PEDRO??:wtf:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I think I saw him and John scrounging around the BBQ grill looking for the previous nights leftover hot dogs... ;-))
I don't think you realize how close to being true this is..........

Except I brought the hot dogs and within a couple of minutes of cooking them, here comes Pedro running down the hill...........

I love that dog........

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think you realize how close to being true this is..........

Except I brought the hot dogs and within a couple of minutes of cooking them, here comes Pedro running down the hill...........

I love that dog........
Maybe next time you'll leave a little extra room in your saddle bags? :ssshh:

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Being in the Pacific Northwest, it is always 2500 to 3000 miles to an organized camp out.

Dang it. I know, the purpose is to have a destination. It should be nice to have a destination that far away but it is the time element that kills those trips.

I am already making two long distance trips east this year. RTTW Run to the Wall 2013 and a trip to eastern south dakota for a family reunion over the 4th of july.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think my butt would make it that far unless I had at least two weeks. It'd be good to meet ya if'n ya do make it this way though!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Larry, if you fly into Charlotte NC, I will pick you up and you can drive my 1500, I'll drive my 1200 and we'll go to Tellico for the weekend! Make it a 3 dayer tho, it's a good 6 to 7 hour drive from here, west to Tellico, and Charlotte is a couple hours south of here.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I might try and make it.Will have to see how vacation calender at work looks like. Tellico is not to far from Spartanburg,SC

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm putting together a dayride to Suches GA from Tellico Plains on either Friday or Saturday of this event, (weather dependent). There is further discussion at MotoCampers.com concerning the Cherohola Chillout...:readit:

I'm still looking at exact routes through GA between Suches and Clayton... I rode most of this in the past two Summers, and there are some really great roads to go on! If peeps want to do both TWOS and Bridal Falls during the same dayride, we would need to be leaving Hunt's by around 0700 or so. I know of a great BBQ joint (Jim's) near Vogel SP off US 129 that would be a good stopping point for lunch, and would also be a great break off point for the non 'iron butt' types to head back to Tellico Plains. The die hards could then head towards Highlands NC, then take US 64 back to Ducktown, (or) Highway 28 towards Fontana/Robbinsville... Keeping in mind that doing everything in one day is upwards of 400 miles!

Here is the 200 mile loop for TWOS and the Cherohala... :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.