Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Please can anyone give any advise on temp/fuel gauge- inop at times-both gauges stay down-only move up at times- seem to work better in warmer weather temps above 15 degrees c.-has any one seen this problem

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey CRIAGA :waving: Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper: For any of these experts to help you please tell them what type of wing you have. :jumper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hi CRAIGA. Don't mind Redwing, he lost his glasses again and he didn't see the 1982 GL1100 in the post page.
If both instruments started acting up at the same time then the common denominator is the voltage stabilizer. this is inside the idiot light assembly between the speedo & tach.

BTW, welcome to this fine forum. Hope you enjoy it. :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Budegan your right again :whip: I didn't see it. Those bloody glasses. :crying:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Hey CraigA,

Welcome! Good question.

I'm have the same issue with my 82 gl1100. Anyone care to elaborate on any tech tips on repairing/replacing this?

Hey Redwing, check the top of your head.... that's where my glasses usually get lost to. :cool: P.S. my hometown here is honoring Ireland this coming month during our Memphis in May festival... I'll drink a pint or twenty in your honor. :leprechaun:....even if I am just a bloody scot!

Green tunnels and no stop signs,

Sterling

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

SoulvilleUSA wrote:
Hey Redwing, my hometown here is honoring Ireland this coming month during our Memphis in May festival... I'll drink a pint or twenty in your honor. :leprechaun:....even if I am just a bloody scot!
Hey SoulvilleUSA :waving:Thanks a million. :clapper: Drink one for your wee bonny lass as well. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

:)Thanks MARTIN EGAN-I will try that component-is there any way of testing this

part- Thanks for the reply-This site already seems very helpfull

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Its most likely to be the voltage stabiliser/regulator as Martin says. I remember some time back someone here managed to buy a cheap unit and fit that instead of the Honda one. Do a search and you should find it. It's a 7 volt unit you need, if you want a OEM one, the Honda part number is 31410-463-008.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The voltage regulator is nothing more than a 7807 regulator with some filter caps. The 78 stands for Positive Voltage, the 07 is the voltage itself. 7805 is the most common when it comes to electronic boards like I deal with. It doesn't really stabilise anything, just regulate it to a set voltage.

There's a guy on ebay that sells new ones, already made up for Goldwings. If you do that sort of thing..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4544466657&category=50463&sspagename=WDVW

Raymond

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Jason and Raymond,

You guys are awesome! Thanks a million! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Green tunnels and no stop signs

Sterling

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

CRAIGA wrote:
This site already seems very helpfull
Hey CRAIGA :waving: All your problems will be sorted here. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks very much for the info-ill try finding a used on-We have a bike salvage yard near to me-they have lots of wing parts- They buy Gold Wing wrecks

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks very much for the info-ill try finding a used on-We have a bike salvage yard near to me-they have lots of wing parts- They buy Gold Wing wrecks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.