Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Temporarily a non-wing owner- new bike!

4K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  rpeters549 
#1 ·
So, some might remember that I got rear-ended back in August. As the spousal unit and I will not do any major touring for a few years (I am eligible to retire in 2, probably going to do so in 7) we decided to go different for now. This bike is still very comfortable and quiet, even for a passenger. Good weather protection. LOTS of performance and goodies! Bike has plug ports for rider and passenger for heated gear, XM, Bluetooth, electronic suspension, ABS/traction control, etc. And a warranty! We will get another Wing near retirement time so I plan to stay active here. The new bike is a new 2015 Triumph Trophy SE. My trunk kit should arrive this Wednesday. The fact that I also average 45-55 mpg is a bonus. Anywho, here it is...

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Bad news, glad you are no worse. I had a deer run into me on an 1100 std, all it did was bend the radiator air scoop, I didn't even have time to brake or even let off the throttle, just kept going. I was lucky. Have had 4 deer strikes in a car.

#32 ·
Back, but have been 'modified duty' (light duty) since. We have a time line in which if I am not released back to full unrestricted duty I could be forced to retire (i have enough time in and am eligible next week, so better than being let go). But I am NOT ready yet on multiple fronts. Time will tell I suppose. So far no surgery, but I am still not normal. Sigh. Bike should be home in a week or so, though not sure if I can ride yet anyway. Still gotta buy a new helmet and rain gear.

#34 ·
Appreciate that! Healing good, but the last bit is going very, very slowly.

Had the bike back and made a bad discovery-- turns out the shop forgot to reinstall the rear caliper. Tried my rear brakes and NOTHING! Turns out it was resting on the driveshaft housing... Bike back to shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.