Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not wanting to hijack another thread (Harbor Freight something or other), Dusty Boots showed a bunch of pics with different tarps over various places. My question to the masses is this: What type of tarp do ya'll use? I have an older tent trailer (Timeout? not sure, maybe some of you can answer this too). We got a little soaked last fall. I say we, cuz the lady that hangs around me got wet and it wasnt a very nice evening for either of us, lol. Can you use the regular blue tarps at Wally-World? Or is there something better out there. I understand the need to angle it for run-off, but do they offer a good deal of water resistance? Thanks in advance.

Here's the trailer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

and another:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Plans before this season starts:

1. Redo the existing rainfly (its removable)
2. Do the tarp mod
3. Price having the rest of the tent redone with some better materials.
4. Paint the skin.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Bill ... the tarps I use are expensive because they are made of 'high tech' material, which enables them to pack down to(and weigh) very little.

My 9 1/2' x 13' tarp, weighs just 604 grams and packs up to be the size of a grapefruit.

If you're looking for a pretty good tarp, that is far more durable than your Walmart blue poly-woven trash, then do a Google search for the best price on a 16' x 16' Kelty Noah's Tarp 16

Something else that will help is to clean the tent material and then give it a couple coats of Camp Dry

I would think that new tent material will provide you with the driest solution, especially if a coat of Camp Dry were applied, once on. :baffling:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Can't help any w/your questions, but I sure do like your trailer. Very nice...

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
imported post

Definitely not a Time Out, but I have no idea what it is. The trailer looks a lot like an old Kamp Time, but the tent looks wrong for that.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

Looks awfully similar to my Kwik Kamp

The aluminum brackets that hold the tent poles are very similar, but the pole arrangement is different. Mine has no rain fly, but a heavy vinyl roof. Jay

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

The room floor framing and the velcro on soft cover are the same also. Mine is a '93 model. I do not have any pics of mine set up on this computer. Jay

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I remember seeing that trailer....:ROFL:....I doubt anyone still makes a "canvas kit" for it, but a good upholstery shop should be able to make one for you...I had to repair a small spot on my pop up camper that 93Wing gave me... I bought the material at Cloth World, needles thread and water proofing at the same time, now if I can just find the time to go camping....Mine is a Combi Camper built in Denmark, great trailer, takes about less than 5 minutes to get the outriggers down and the top up and ready to sleep in...

But I really liked that air dam on it and been thinking about looking to build me one maybe?????....

Here is my pop up camper before I picked it up...It has gotten put up and washed down, especially underneath it....No Charles wouldn't thrown in the John Deere, or that beautiful 93 Wingto pull it with....:ROFL:

In this picture you can see the fender that had been busted, I have new metal fenders for it....In the bottom picture you can see at the upper left where the poles wore a hole in the canvas, That has been repaired, and water proofed....I took my water hose gave that entire trailer a soaking....Not one drop of water got inside....

The lower section which is actualy the "top" of that trailer...Folds over to the gorund, and the metalrack sets on the ground...Its big enought for a couple of chairs or our little fold up table and chairs....

This is the inside sleeping area...Its not real big but hey it works for us....

I have gone to the Combi Camper site and it seems that they no longer make this motorcycle camper. But they do make some really nice travel trailers....Fast to set up just like mine...One thing I did manage to get done was replacing the out rigger pipes, the old ones were bent...I bought 3 pieces of 3/4 in by 24in galvinized pipe, then took a plumbing flange screwed it onto the bottom of that pipe..I have all new wiring, LED lights for the sides and the rear...The ice chest carrier was off in these pictures but I have some stainless steel angle iron that I'm fitting to one of my ice chests...The Orginal one was too small for any ice chest I own????.

·
Just one of the guys
4,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

Redbaron...your camper looks very much like the Lees-ure Lite campers
We borrowed a friends Lees-ure Lite for a Blue Ridge Parkway trip several years ago. He told me that he could set it up quicker than putting on his rain-suit. Darn thing sets up in about 30-45 seconds!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.