Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image001.jpg

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,309 Posts
Hodgy, you need the url link to the image, not just the name of the image itself.

ie, www.whereitis.jpg

easy way to get the actual link address is to right click on the image and then select "copy image location". wording here depends on the browser you use, but something like that.

click on the yellow box above the editor, when the window opens, insert the link there and click 'ok'

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I am trying to upload a image from my computer and have not figured out how.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,309 Posts
You cannot paste a link directly from your computer to the forum.

You must first upload the image on your computer to a web host.

That web host can be the Photo Gallery on the forum here,
or www.Photobucket.com or imageswebhost.net or tinypic.com or imageshack.com or any one of a hundred other image hosting websites.

I suggest you register on at least two of them and get used to how they work.
I prefer Photobucket.com because of the way they handle their libraries.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,309 Posts
I just got through writing this up in the Trikes 'n Trailers forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwhoever
At the top of the page for this site, there is a link in the menu bar for "Photo Gallery". Click on that and then look for the "Add Album" link. That should create an album under your user name and you could upload your photos there. You should be able to cut and paste them from there but I thought I remember seeing that you could only add 1 photo from the gallery to each post. To add another you would have to add a new post. I could be wrong because I haven't tried it...

You can add as many pictures to a single post as you desire.

Just keep two or more tabs open at the same time in your browser.
The Gallery has two options on the images. The little one you see at first and the larger one you see if you click on the little one.

Depending on what you want to do, right click on the image and select "copy image location".

Change to the browser tab you are creating a post in, space down a couple of lines, open the yellow box above the post editor, mouse to the new window and "right click paste" the image link there. Click OK.

If you want another picture, press ENTER 2 or 3 times to give some white space between the pictures. Use this new space to write a description of the picture you just posted, -or- the one you are going to insert.

After the description, space down a couple of lines so the text does not jam up into the image.

Go to the Test forum and try all kinds of techniques until you are happy with the result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.