Just Winging It
3,325 Posts

TeST TeST TeST
JuST KeeP THe VoWeLS ouT

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
WoRKS oK I GueSS

I JuST DoN'T See THe NeeD FoR SuCH eDiTiNG.

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
I never saw the side bar until you posted the screen shot.

I see you have switched to classic also.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Classic gives me a tighter placement of the Active Buttons that I use so much.
The new style is kind of neat from a Graphic Artist's viewpoint, but it does not have the ergonomics that I need to move FAST and handle the forum's needs.

I don't have time to be moving my mouse from the bottom right corner to the top right corner to get to the next button I need....

They moved "New Posts" into the Far Left top corner.... how thoughtless of ergonomics.... I need all of the active buttons in one place....
ie, "Mark This Forum Read" and then "New Posts" should be within an inch of mouse movement..... I scan a forum "New Post" mode first looking for spammers in any of the forums. Then I Mark Fun, F/S, and New Members as all READ.... I don't need to look at those really tight, you users will let us mods know of something there is wrong, and report it.. happens quite a bit.... then we delete the errant post, or ban the spammer.

given time, the IT Team can do anything to the ergonomic placement of the controls, they did a Really Good Job of putting this thing together and it slid into place w/o the forum ever being unavailable. As evidenced by reports here of folks just hitting BackUP and there is the new version.... neato.

I can tell you, that the previous IT teams were no where as good as that.... all of our IT teams have worked hard, but the software and their "spare time" to work on it was limited.

We now have a Full Time IT team working for us, and I for one really appreciate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new style, to me, is wasteful of the screen space at the bottom of each post.... I want it "tight" and w/o a lot of wasted white space, nor should there be a lot of images in the signature areas.

I won't mention names, but there are m/c forums that allow unlimited image space in the user's signatures. It only takes about 10 minutes of reading one of those forums to get damn well tired of seeing this "one guy's signature" using up two (2) full screens displaying 3 to 5 big images of his toys.... it is to the point that that fella is going to go on my Ignore list on that forum.

I try to read EVERY Technical and General post.... the reason is my penchant for Bookmarking info for the Forum Index.... I can't do that with a sloppy, slow running forum.

·
Administrator
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now that is slick, works just like PhotoBucket

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
Yeah, I saw that but it's not in the classic version.

I'd use the new version if it had the old colors.

·
Administrator
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they will give us the old colors, that was a promise,

the mods were told a month ago that the new version would come up bare bones and they would tweak it in as complaints arose....

I have every confidence that we will get it tweaked so we are all comfortable with it.

Can you older members remember when Steve and Wexy were writing the code changes, and saw the need to convert to new software??

do you remember that it took weeks to make it work right again....
we had the same issues then, folks complaining they were "gone gone" because it was "broke".

it ain't broke, it just isn't "right yet"....

give the IT guys time to tweak it all in, it is a huge undertaking.

does that mean I won't bitch? hell no, I am very loud :ROFL:

·
Administrator
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manage Attachments Window Size test.... :nerd:

nope the window is still screwed up, slammed to the left side,
is the size it should be, but only 40% of the window area is able to be seen without scrolling sideways.

.:crying2:

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Manage Attachments Window Size test.... :nerd:

nope the window is still screwed up, slammed to the left side,
is the size it should be, but only 40% of the window area is able to be seen without scrolling sideways.

.:crying2:
10-4, reporting again.

Classic or new view and what browser?

Jeff

·
34 Posts
Chrome Browser, Win7, new format skin

test advanced upload of files in Chrome, New Style skin

okay, the manage attachments window opens up slammed to the top left corner of the page....., most of the was viewable, but the fonts were so crazy huge that the buttons just bare displayed for "close window".

These windows need to stay in the center of the screen Jeff,
and all of the info needs to stay inside the windows, no scrolling should ever be required.

John

Attachments

·
34 Posts
Chrome Browser, Win7, Classic Yellow Mellow

test Manage Attachments window.

Bad scene, the window opened in the top left corner, stripped of half what we need to see....

I selected a file to upload, then scrolled to the right and clicked on UPLOAD.
then I got an error page..... I am trying to get them to upload via the Manage Attachments method, but they won't do it that way.... so I am going to try to do it with drag 'n drop... and not get out of this browser session.

duh, once you start Manage Attachments, Drag and Drop is not available.

try again.

it is all mucked up Jeff..... I am closing this browser session, I am going to come back as my Moderator self and upload the files here so you can see what is going on.

EDIT FROM MODERATOR LOGIN:

here are the files that were supposed to be attached to this post, I am in Win7, Firefox, Classic Manage Attachments....

okay, just to make sure the window did not crash again, I hit the Full Screen button and that makes everything viewable....
here are the screens of the 1st try at this post...

Attachments

·
Administrator
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeff, when you turn in the reports, make sure you give them links to these exact posts so they can see it first hand....

2nd hand thoughts never quite convey what is going on.

·
Administrator
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
test it test it

just a test

·
Administrator
59,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20