Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So MikeF and Cody have both done me favors in the past by going and checking on bikes that I've had an interest in buying. Can't thank you guys enough. I bought, and have recently sold, the one MikeF checked out for me (GL1200A) and have been saved from making a needless 600 mile journey by Cody who found the bike (GL1000)I was looking at wasn't quite as advertised.

This time I need a favor from someone a little farther south. 1700 miles south to be exact. Georgia. I'm interested in a '97 SE that a gentleman in Rutledge GA is holding for meuntil I can get all my little Canadian ducks in a row. I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that lives close to Rutledge (just east of Atlanta) that could go and have a look and confirm that a) there is a '97 SE standing in his driveway and b) the gentleman seems like a legit sort of guy. I'm not asking anyone to give me a guarantee that the bike is fantastic, I'll take that risk. I would just rather not send a deposit and book a plane ticket only to find out there is no Rutledge GA. and that the bike is a beautiful specimen owned by some guy in San Diego who has no intentions of selling it.

If you think you might be able to help either shout out or PM me. May be a good chance to take a '97 SE for a test ride! Just don't break it!

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
imported post

Hey wpgfire!

Yes there is a Rutledge, GA.:cooler:

Iused to livein Madison, GA which is right next to Rutledge. What is your timeline? I may be able to help if my schedule allows it.

If someone else wants to help out....feel free to do so!!:action:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I'm speaking to him tonight when I get home from work but I'll probably have to send him a deposit to hold it until I can get down there to pick it up. I don't have time off work until mid-Sept, but I'd like to have someone look at it as soon as possible. I'm OK with sending him a deposit but it would be good if it could be verified before I go farther then that.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
imported post

I know I will be working OT this weekend...just don't know what day(s) just yet. I won't find that out until Thursday.

I will help if I can....but if someone else is available to help, please step forward and help a fellow member.:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
imported post

Creekwalker and I will be through that part of GA sometime tomorrow. Probably late evening. If you can give me some details, we might be able to stop and take a look.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

If SB does not get to it, I know I will be that way a week from Saturday if that is not too late.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

So here's what the hullabaloo is all about. Looks like SB in SC & Creekwalker will be able to check it out tomorrow. Hoping it works out. Looks like a pretty nice bike, eh? And yes. I noticed the fluid underneath. He assures me it's water from just being washed. We'll see.

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,797 Posts
imported post

It looks like it has "never joined the club" of those who took a nap. :waving:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Just talked to him on the phone. Paperwork has been initiated. I just don't have time until mid-Sept to go pick it up. Might be a good thing, as I (my wife, actually) have a long list of "To Do's" around the house that definitely would not get done if that thing was sitting in my garage.

Again, I want to thank all of you that offered to help me out, and a special thank you to SB in SC & Creekwalker for taking the time on their way home to stop by and check it out. Just hope I can repay the favors some day.

:bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing::bowing:

·
Premium Member
5,406 Posts
imported post

The only snag in the Canadian paperwork process is the recall letter which is supposed to come from Honda but they are not cooperative.

A letter from an authorized dealer with a Honda logo on it works instead.

Usually an American dealer is very cooperative. In my case the PO had a good relationship and he arranged the letter.

PM me if you have any questions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.