Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Mr kramer,

thanks for the referal.I bought enuff rustelco from the manufacturer.$145.00 plus shipping.It was for a 5 gallon tank treatment.

My tank was nasty The seafoam i used caused blockage in the two screens inside the tank.And obviously engine starved out.

Did the treatment per instructions.What a difference.It got 99.5 % of the rust out.

Changed fuel filter synched carbs .Im riding it with a much higher degree of confidence.

And i didnt have to remove the tank.The drain plug was super tight and had to use a

box end 17mm to get it off as the frame is too close to get a socket on the bolt head..I am going to do it on the 1977 gl1000 as soon as i can get that extra tight drain plug off without rounding off the bolt head. Japanese fasteners are so bloody soft.(pot metal)

Buckethead. (not me pictured)my mother in law actually.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Glad I could help BH. Instead of pulling the drain plug however, I opted to use a shop vac to remove the solution from the tank, then after using a nozzle on the garden hose to rinse the corners of the tank out, let the hose overflow the tank for about an hour to get any remnants out. Drained, dried, filled and rode.

Simple as that.

I am glad you had the same experience as I did. You'll be happy when the rust doesn't come back again too! :)

You can see there website at http://www.rusteco.com/

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.