Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Am considering selling my '86 SEi- It makes me sad to think of it but I know I eventually want a 2001-2010 GL1800 and there's no way I can keep both and justify the $ when I have kids that'll be in college soon enough.

Bike is in great shape and has had much work since I saved it from a barn in North Carolina. Some of what's been done...

-Stator wires bypassed with 12G wire. Has straight soldered connections top and bottom. Charges well enough to run heated grips and vest. Have spare Shindegen regulator new in box that I purchased just in case for Canada trip-didn't need it.

-Repaired cruise - fully functional and works great

-Show chrome heated grips.

-New brakes and brake fluid flushed approx 1 year ago.

-Clutch fluid refreshed and bled.

-New Bearings, steering head, wheel (front and rear), swing arm

-Progressive fork springs, new for seals/bushings and

-Superbrace front fork brace installed.

-Dunlop E3's have about 4,000 miles on them. Look great-were replaced as a set.

-New Memphis Shades windshield stock heightgradient black with vent-just installed.

-New timing belts and valve seals OEM.

-New water pump OEM

-All tune up related-ie. fuel filter, air filter, plugs etc. Numerous other items I am sure I am missing again just looking to see what the initial interest is. Bike is very clean (Iraqi Ram has seen it-perhaps he'll chime in)and runs like a top. I can elaborate more later and there are some decent pics in my gallery, but here's one to start with...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

A price would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

FlashGordon wrote:
A price would be helpful.
True-but as the title and opening of post suggests I am only considering it and haven't had the time to research what it's worth orcomparable sales. I have seen them go as high as $4500 or more (Ebay)with higher miles than mine but price is always negotiable. There is currently one listed for $3,250 on EBay with about twice the mileage I have. Quite a price range.I would like to getaround $4000 and was wondering if anyone was looking for one as I would like it to go to a member preferably. Again I don't relish getting rid of it-just can't justify 2 bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

wingsam41 wrote:
Bike is very clean (Iraqi Ram has seen it-perhaps he'll chime in)and runs like a top. I can elaborate more later and there are some decent pics in my gallery, but here's one to start with...
Just came across this thread.
Yep, this is probably the cleanest 1200 that I've ever seen. Iteven looks better than my 1500. Pictures cannot do this bikejustice--it looks that good.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

I thought for a min you stole my pic.....;)

I have been offered 4000.00 for mine with 36000 miles on the clock. I think you would get close to that for yours.

Kurt

Attachments

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
imported post

I thought the sei models were sought after and worth more than that. I remember only a few years ago seeing one with 28,000 miles sell for $7,500. But that was before the economy tanked.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
imported post

I sold my SEI last spring for 4400.00, it had 19K miles and needed nothing. Market may be lower now. Best of luck selling..

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
imported post

Really wished I had seen this before I bought mine. My 1st wing was a 85 LTD and the pertiest thing I had even seen. Now I have a lot of work todo on my new purchase, which I am still kicking myself over. I don't think you'll have any problem selling yours.

Good Luck, John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.