Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Subject: THE COUNTRY OF TEXAS

Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal rightto secede from the Union . (Reference the Texas-AmericanAnnexation Treaty of 1848.)

We Texans love y'all, but we'll probably have to

Take action since B. Hussein Obama won the election.We'll miss you too.

Here is what can happen:

#1: Barack Hussein Obama becomes President of the UnitedStates , Texasimmediately secedes from the Union .

#2: George W. Bush will become the President of theRepublic of Texas .

So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?

1. NASA is just south of Houston , Texas .We will controlthe space industry.

2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.

3. Defense Industry--we have over 65% of it.The term"Don't mess with Texas ," will take on a whole

New meaning.

4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic ofTexas will need for the next 300 years.Yankee states?Sorry about that.

5. Natural Gas - again we have all we need and it's toobad about those Northern States.John Kerry will have tofigure out a way to keep them warm....

6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation inproducing computer chips and communications--small companieslike Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon,

> National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Atmel, AppliedMaterials, Ball Miconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi,Nortel, Alcatel, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

7. Medical Care - We have the largest research centers forcancer research, the best burn centers and the top traumaunits in the world, as well as other large health centers.Dallas has some of the best hospitals in the United States .

8. We have enough colleges to keep us going: University ofTexas , Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University ofHouston , Baylor, UNT ( University of North Texas ), Texas

Women's University, etc. Ivy grows better in the Southanyway.

9. We have a ready supply of workers.We could just openthe border when we need some more.

10. We have essential control of the paper industry,plastics, insurance, etc.

11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas

National Guard and the Texas Air National

Guard.Wedon't have an Army, but since everybody down here has atleast six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an Army in24 hours if we need one.If the situation really gets bad,

We can always call the Department of Public Safety and askthem to send over Chuck Norris and a couple of TexasRangers.

12. We are totally self-sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs,and several types of grain, fruit and vegetables, andlet's not forget seafood from the Gulf.Also, everybodydown here knows how to cook them so that they taste good.Don't need any food.

This just names a few of the items that will keep theRepublic of Texas in good shape.There isn't a thingout there that we need and don't have.

Now to the rest of the United States under President Obama:

Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for yourcars, only President Obama will be able to drive around inhis big 9 mpg SUV.The rest of the United States will haveto walk or ride bikes.

You won't have any TV as the Space Center in Houstonwill cut off satellite communications.

You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes, butsince Mr. Obama has predicted global warming, you will notneed the gas as long as you survive the 2000 years it willtake to get enough heat from Global Warming.

Signed, The People of Texas

P.S. This is not a threatening letter - just a note to giveyou something to think about!

SLEEP WELL TONIGHT THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU!!

One Nation Under God

Hmmm........

BTW, I was born in San Angelo Texas myself.

Regards, and happy holidays!:waving:
Hobie

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

If I have my history correct, then parts of New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Wyoming and Oklahoma could also claim to be part of Texas.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
imported post

May my family and I move to Texas? My friend of 42 years who was born in Houston has proclaimed mean Honorary Texan. Some of my family moved to Texas in about 1848 and Sam Houston was born in Lexington VA.

Your Friend,

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

There's probably room for everyone in Texas, in 'Stand on Zanzibar' set in the year 2010 John Brunner was going to have everyone fit on a much smaller place than Texas.

In fact, in Texas you might have room to stretch your arms out.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Its only 6 hours for me to hit the Texas border, keep me informed, wife and I will hit I-44W to 69S and be there in a jiffy. The Goldwing will probably like the warmer winters anyways...

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

You Know what I can't figure is that you can buy Canadian gas and natural gas in the US cheaper than we can buy it here???/ So Texas certainly does not have a liplock on supplies .. Wannna Join Cascadia?????

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,919 Posts
imported post

This will show you something about the size of Texas and overcrowding on our planet.

If you took all of the people alive on the Earth today (Approximately 6,605,046,992 [www.census.gov])
and put them ALL in Texas (Land mass 261,914 square miles [www.netstate.com]
Converted to square feet [www.onlineconversion.com] (261,914 square mile [survey, U.S. statute] = 7,301,743,310,880.768 square foot [survey]))
Living on a single story or layer they would each have 1,105.47939 square feet to themselves. (7,301,743,310,880.768 square foot divided by 6,605,046,992 people)

Gives you a different look at at overcrowding in the world. I'm just saying.

This was accurate when I first did it February 16, 2007 09:32PM.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

All fine and well except for number 2. I'll be [email protected]#&$d if that RINO will be put in charge of Texas again. Not when we've got real conservatives like Ted Poe available.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

But Texas has those really big spiders, can I bring my 50 cal., I'd be happy. Just don't like spiders, scorpions OK, tarantulas, forget it.:gunner:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
But Texas has those really big spiders, can I bring my 50 cal., I'd be happy. Just don't like spiders, scorpions OK, tarantulas, forget it.:gunner:
The bullets just make them mad........ At my weekend house we have a new breed of spiders that is a hybrid of a hybrid ... a dead one kept me away for over 4 hours

Kevin E

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

"Texas, Our Texas"
Texas, Our Texas! all hail the mighty State!
Texas, Our Texas! so wonderful so great!
Boldest and grandest, withstanding ev'ry test
O Empire wide and glorious, you stand supremely blest.
(chorus)
Texas, O Texas! your freeborn single star,
Sends out its radiance to nations near and far,
Emblem of Freedom! it set our hearts aglow,
With thoughts of San Jacinto and glorious Alamo.
(chorus)
Texas, dear Texas! from tyrant grip now free,
Shines forth in splendor, your star of destiny!
Mother of heroes, we come your children true,
Proclaiming our allegiance, our faith, our love for you.
Chorus
God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,
That you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long.
God bless you Texas! And keep you brave and strong,
That you may grow in power and worth, throughout the ages long.

YEEEEEEHAA

:12red:
Dean

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Panatellos wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
The bullets just make them mad........ At my weekend house we have a new breed of spiders that is a hybrid of a hybrid ... a dead one kept me away for over 4 hours

Kevin E
Kevin, if I find so much as a spider web on my bike I have to find what did it, and if it's one of those big things, I have it "tented" and fumigated and that is after I use a bottle of DDT (left over from the depression) on it. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

But I'm still willing to move to the new country (reminds me of Jericho)

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

Gawd how I love Texas!!!

:cool::clapper::cool::clapper::cool:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Texas is the place to be :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts