Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am looking for some mulit-season textile pants so I can ride to work in something other than jeans. I like the firstgear HT air and tourmaster flex pants, but wanted to see if anyone here had any info on vega motion or octane pants. With the summers here in Atlanta, I need something that will breath pretty freely but also be warm enough for fall/spring. Thanks.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I just went through this myself. And I must say, Kit put it right on. They are all good really, and you just have to decide for yourself. There are so many to choose from I was getting dizzy researching them all.

I just got these ---->Joe Rocket Alter Ego Textile/Mesh Motorcycle Overpants :: New Enough, LTD

Had to send the first pair back because they were too short when sitting on the bike. Got the tall size and they fit great. I rode 160 miles in 32- 38 degree weather without the liner,,,,,,, just had jeans under them and was very comfortable. Will be interesting to see how they are on the hot days.

Good luck in your search.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,653 Posts
imported post

Winger77,

I suspect that on very hot days, you will find them cooler than just jeans or bare skin. That is what I found here in the Phoenix area.

The mesh acts as a sun guard to keep the fierce sun rays and the blistering hot wind off my legs. Yet still allows air flow to give you some cooling effect.

spritzing some water on your jeans gives you some cooling effect under that mesh material.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Sounds like what I might be looking for. The humid summers here in Atlanta make it hard to ride and I won't get on my bike without wearing all my gear.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

I just got the HT Air Overpants. The coldest I have ridden in was 35 F with the liner and I was comfy. The warmest I've been in so far was 65 F without the liner. It was a very nice breeze. After about 20 minutes my legs were getting cool. I'd imagine they will feel pretty good later this summer. Sizing was exactly the same as jeans. 42 jeans, 42 Overpants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.