Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Once again I want to thank everybody who turned up today for the giants causeway run we had in total 36 bikes ,Thank you to john and the boys from the ulster wings ,it was great to see such a huge turnout today ,,,May I say that EVERYBODY on the run conducted themselfs in an impeccible manner on the run and the marshalls were superb,,also thanks to Mick Skerritt for his imput into this run ,and to Steve for organising the grub at the carrigdale .....I hope to have another BIG run sometime in early september ,,,we made a lot of friends today and THIS IS WHAT GOLDWINGING IS ALL ABOUT ,,,,,drive safe and dont forget to do your best to support the IRISH TREFFEN ..cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

hi all

hope you all got home ok (without too much of a soaking) . i got a bit of a wash on the way home but sure thats what its all about, made some more new friends and had a great day . Big thanks to all involved in organising the run to a stunning part of the country , hpoe to see you all at the TREFFEN , i will be down on Sat but just for the day. Eric:cool::D

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Eric & Sharon,

Glad you got home safely, I was soaked just getting to KIldare...

Ciaran,

Thanks...scrub,scrub...for another...wash,wash...great day out...polish,polish...

Steve18

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Ciaran,

I would be very interested if your neaxt Sunday run (post Treffens of course...) was to your suggestion of Wales, that would be a hoot!!!

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hi Steve and Eric,

We arrived in Wexford after a 520 mile round trip last night at midnight like 2 drowned rats ,we left home at 07.30 am ,we alsogot soaked on the way to the red cow and then the sun shone for the whole day until we got back near enough to the red cow ..why do the Dubs always get the best weather for the runs?they leave home in sunshine and return at night bone dry ..:):).

Anyway getting back to the next run ,The north wales run ,,you will have to leave that one with me as I am checking it out as I type,,I am going to the continent for the month of Sept ,but I dont mind delaying that for a week if I can get a big run organised ,,,

I am looking into a few ideas at the moment ..one being a run via cahir to lismore and on into Youghal and meeting with the munster wings and the western wings for a 10 Pin Bowling competition between the different counties at a friend of mines place in Youghal ,,they do food etc on the premises and I think the craic could be great on that run ,,,but leave it with me and I will do my homework on both of those runs ..I have had lots of phone calls re the run yesterday and everybody enjoyed it ..so roll on the next one whatever the weather ...Cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Great run to the Giants Causway Ciaran. Likewise was soaked when I got home at 11.30 but it was worth it and would do it again.... The Wales run would be very interestingand should be fun.

Look forward to the next run... see you all at the Treffen

Matt

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Hi All,

Is this a record?;)..... A 500 mile run in one day in Ireland...:D:D:D

Well if it is, or it is not, there is only one man that can organise such a run.Great credit goes to:dude:CIARAN:dude: for he has pulled off another great run. A run that linked both north and south that went like a dream. Everyone that was on it will have to agree that this could not happen without a lot of hard work beforehand and much pressure on the day to keep it running smoothly. There is a lot of decisions to be made to keep a convoy of bikes together from the mad cow to the giants causeway and back again. Thanks also to Mick and Steve ( the food was brilliant and kept everyone together) and anyone else that made it such a success including thenorthern guys.:shock:

Looking forward to Wales or Youghal or what ever you can come up with because we know it will be good!!!!!!!!!!

Not fully dried out yet after yesterday.........

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks Wingdo ,But a lot of the credit goes to the likes of yourself and Dermot King for ringing around and passing the word on ,unfortunatly Dermot could not make it last sunday ,because of the untimely death of his father and I would like to offer condolences from all the wingers who partake in the runs and know just how helpfull Dermot is ,when it comes to repairing and servicing the wings.see ya all on the next run ,,I am currently working on a biggie for early sept ,,see ya Ciaran

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.