Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all ,,just a huge thank you to everybody who turned up today for the run ,,we had 31 goldwings in all from 1100 to 1800,,Everybody enjoyed the day and a special thank you to Eamonn and the lads from Co louth who guided us over the mountainswith beautiful scenery and then put us on the road to Virginia for the dinner ....we had wings from Carlow,Kilkenny .Kildare ,Mullingar ,Wicklow and Wexford ,Waterford,Dublin and of course Dundalk ...Thanks to Steve(beep) Saunders who kept us amused with his unique sounding CB radio ...See you all Sun 1st AUG for a MAJOR RUN to the nenagh,terryglass,portumna areas,,,watch the message board for futher details ...cheers Ciaran.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Thanks to you for organizing it all Ciaran. It was a great run, still haven't figured out how to turn off the beep on the CB but at least you know who is yapping when you hear it! Look forward to the next one.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Dont turn it off Steve ,when you got lost in the hills on sunday ,I was able to pick up the beep and not the voice ,that is why we stopped to wait for you ...long live the beep ....Ciaran:)

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Yes we would have been lost without the CB (and the beep) alright. Kieran, Dermot, Mick and myself turned left after the garage and up the hill and when we got to the first fork (I was last in line) the other three bikes were stopped and no sign of the main group. But for the CB I think we would have taken the low road instead of the high road and we probably would have been in Scotland a'fore ye, except that we didn't want to go to Scotland! Long live the BEEP indeed!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

hoping to have a beep soon myself cos her indoors was complainin about not having headsets any advice on where to get decent ones . i dont solder but i know a man who does

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

I got some EdSets from the USA. They are far better than any J&Ms I had on other bikes and I think were half the price as well.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Hi Eric ,try the followung link ,,they have a very good german headset about half the price of the JnM ..ask for David Brae in parts ,,he will send them over to you ,they are bassed near leeds...http://www.colinappleyard.co.uk/motorcycles/goldwing/goldwing.htm

See ya sunday week ..Cheers Ciaran Meyler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.