Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I don't know if this is "acceptable" to do....it isn't a question, but rather a round of"thank yous" that brings me here today. I wanted to recognize and thank all those wonderful individuals that contributed information, suggestionsand what not,concerning my bad water pump situation. THANK YOOOOOOOU ALL! :clapper:

I think the water pump is going to be okay.....waiting on thebearings, hopefully today. My mechanic is something of a MacGuyver, and very competent with bikes of all kinds (he himself swears by Goldwings). He took the water pump apart, and in the doing, discovered that a heavy hand with the impeller can be bad (apparently thebearings were rusted to the impeller shaft, and he broke the impeller in half, a lucky thing, actually, it could have been in pieces). So, he took some J B Weld andput it back together. When it dried, he used some 400 grit paper (wet-dry paper, he used itdry) to sand down imperfections. Got some 1/32 thickness gasket material, and cut the big gasket to fit. Thanks to some individuals here, we had the numbers to call around and find the correct size O-rings, andbearings. I'm outside Placerville, CA, and the Auto Zone around here had the cheapest price, $6 each on the bearings.

As soon as the bearings arrive and it's all reassembled, it's time for a little of that wind in the face medicine. Once again, thank you to everyone. You're a great bunch!

- Lisa ("The Blonde Cookie")

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Nicely done!!! That is what this forum is truely about!! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.