Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined this forum recently as I had a line on an '84GL1200A from a friend, which led to a tough choice between that or a GL1500.(I love the classic look of the early bikes) Came here for research purposes on both and after kicking a few tires as of today brought home a very nice 59k mile '97 GL1500SE, my pillion has sciatica so I went with the more comfortable for her choice. She (the bike) has a couple things to get sorted (rear brake pedal does pretty much nada[not leaking], cruise does not set, will need front wheel bearings soon, forks have some stiction) Nothing that should'nt be easily rectified, thanks to info here i'll start by bleeding the rear and linked front caliper and go from there...the other stuff expected, excepting the cruise...may need a little guidance there. I have yet to poke around on here regarding that, I have little doubt i'll find info here that'll get me down the path for that. Looks like a great resource and hopefully at some point i'll be able to contribute to it and am ready to help others with what I can. Thomas

·
Administrator
25,756 Posts
:welc:

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
Welcome....

If bleeding does not resolve the rear brake issue, come back and I can give you the next best step to do....!!

·
Premium Member
64,379 Posts
Hallo motopimp

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1200 or 1500

I had to make the same choice. And welcome. When I decided I wanted a wing I spent a lot of time doing research. Some years are better then others (but not by much). Also the 1200 to 1500 are very proven platforms. I went with the 1200 after riding several of both. Biggest determination was.. I do not ride 2up, so no need for that much luxury and added weight. Best of riding to you and thanks to this forum just about anything is fixable and reliable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts