Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First a little history. I have been driving a bike for about 30 yrs now, always big touring machines from a 76 Honda 750 K 4, with all the vetta aftermarket fairing and bags. a 1981 Honda 900 custom (The one with the 10 speed transmission) with all the Honda fairing and bags,to my first wing a 1982 that I dressed myself, andthen my current pride and joy a 1985 Aspencade. In all my years of driving, I have traveled from one end of Canada to the other plus much much more. Aside from a proper jacket and gloves my riding gear has alway been an open face helmet, blue jeans and running shoes. After reading some of the stories, views and opinions expressed here I realized a few things. Firstly I have been very lucky to not have had a bad mishap on my bike so far. Secondly, that when my luck runs out (and I know it will some day) my choice of clothing will not be of much help to me, on that faithfull day. So in an effort to increase my odds as much as possible, I have started wearing my full face helmet all the time, Instead of just in the cold and wet weather. And I purchaced a pair of chaps and proper riding boots. I have been wearing my new set up every day for about 3 week now and must say that not only have I gotten use to it, (The helmet was the hardist) I have a sense of securiity I had not known before. This new security has allowd me to enjoy biking even more then before. So I would like to thank you all for helping teach this old dog some new tricks that may very well save my life one day. Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

The good weather makes it very tempting to ride without proper kit. Lots of young moped riders here ride with tracksuits and runners and the biggest helmet they can get which often sits atop their head instead of on it properly. Very bad habit and ut gets the rest of us riders a bad image.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Great advice from a guy just up the road from where I live in Scarborough, Ontario...he probably knows where this picture was taken on Lakeridge Drive in Ajax...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.