Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

for repairing the site so quickly.....

This is without doubt one of the most reliable, best operating motorcycle sites on the net......

I feel privileged to be here; and I don't contribute enough. Starting at the end of the November, I'm gonna "subscribe" to the site and send it $20 a month.... if the rest of you aren't doing something like that, then you should!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I don't know what was wrong with the site yesterday but when I tried to make a post last night it kept telling me the username I choose was already in use by somebody else!!

Now everything is back to normal. Can't wait for the update to happen and the new features are available.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
I don't know what was wrong with the site yesterday but when I tried to make a post last night it kept telling me the username I choose was already in use by somebody else!!

Now everything is back to normal. Can't wait for the update to happen and the new features are available.
Yeah. Me too. All of it.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Yes that was the problem, none of us could post for about eight hours. It turned out to be something I had to get Jim at Ultra to fix.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

We've all been cloned. Is membership now 24,000? :?

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Where is the membership information found?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,142 Posts
imported post

In Steve's hip pocket :D

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Thank god it got fixed quickley. With less riding opportunites this time of year we need our Goldwing Fix what ever way we can.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:
We've all been cloned. Is membership now 24,000? :?
Wher do you see that? I see 12232 members, no clones that I can see. I don't know who would want a clone of me anyway.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

It was deleting non-posters that caused the problem. I had the bright idea of deleting them at source, ie the Control Panel on the server, instead of here on the forum itself. The idea itself was sound as it's much faster to do it at the server end and it worked fine for a couple of weeks until Friday when I didn't delete one properly. I deleted the contents of one non-posters profile instead of deleting the actual account and that screwed up posting for eight hours on Saturday.
We live and learn as they say.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,142 Posts
imported post

Whew! It wasn't a sql server error because the database got too large? Thank goodness..... :D

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

You have to have your wits about you Steve when working in the root folder of a forum as it's easy to crash a table. The error messages I got when Itried to postlooked serious, leaving a row blank will do odd things and we are fortunate that Jim fixed it quickly.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

this is not me but my clone, cheers steve

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

******* wrote:
this is not me but my clone, cheers steve
Yes and I think it was my clone who crashed the forum. It will be nice to have someone to blame in future...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Better to crash a forum than a bike.:shock:

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

why didn't you get junior to do it ?, if it worked you take the credit and if it didn't he gets the blame,simple

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.