Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just wanted to say a quick hello and thank everyone for such an informative site. I just stumbled across the board earlier this evening and have spent all night trying to absorb as much as I can. Thanks everyone.....

John

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Welcome John, You will find no other place on the planet with so much useful information regarding motorcycles. And just to prove it look for the thread " Do deer alerts really work?" As an example of the infinite wisdom that resides in this place.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum 89WingNAK! :waving:

Do get much riding in up in the North Pole? Or did you trade your reindeer in on a Goldwing? lol

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Hello John and welcome. :waving:What's the riding weather like up there? And for how long during the year can you ride?

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
Hello John and welcome. :waving:What's the riding weather like up there? And for how long during the year can you ride?
I am going to guess how long the ridingseason is in Alaska....Was it,,Last Thursday ????

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum! I have a question, how much do they charge for the skid that replaces the front wheel on your bike up there?;)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Site on the Internet 89WingNak!:waving::waving:

Happy to seeanother from the Great Northwest on the forum! Are the mosquitos getting pretty thick this summer?

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey John:waving:Welcome to the Best wing forum. Brrrrrrrr

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Another welcome, spead the word. Also very glad you found the "Fantastic Forum" :gunhead:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Another welcome, spead the word. Also very glad you found the "Fantastic Forum" :gunhead:
Shooter you're just going to have take the ordnance out of the saddlebags, it must be difficult to get off that bike.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome:waving::waving:It's a great Forum. I spend hours reading and learning :waving::waving:and there is an unbelivable amout of knowledge and experience here.:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the "WBGWWS"!

"Worlds Best Gold Wing Web Site"!

Do you have a "Polar Bear alert":snowman: on that "Wing"?

Oops, "RedWing" is gonna chew me out for asking that, sorry!:goofygrin::bash:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the site. In case you haven't geussed by now this is a great place to get lots of useful info about Goldwings and lots of bulls**t about anything else.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome, to answer a few questions. We do actually have a riding season, I get my bike outearly Mayright after I put the snowmachine away for the summerand put it back up around late Sept early Oct when it is time to get the snowmachine tuned up for the winter. I have averaged between 2,000-3,000 miles a summer in the 3 years I have owned the wing.

Tonys96, No I am not affiliated with the refinery, but I do work on the pipeline that supplies the refinery.

GLester, I have notheard ofHarker Heights since IPCS'ed from Fort Hood back in 90.. that place brings back some memories lol and I think that the price of parts for the wing are way more expensive and is harder to work on than for the snowmachine..

Exavid, I saw in away previous post of yours that you moved out to WA from AK, at least I think it was you. Where from in AK were you? Ohh and yes I had to grab onto "my better half" the other night while taking a walk so the mosquitoes would not carry me away :D... :shock:sorry for rambling on and doing such a long post everyone...

John

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

89WingNAK wrote:
Exavid, I saw in away previous post of yours that you moved out to WA from AK, at least I think it was you. Where from in AK were you? Ohh and yes I had to grab onto "my better half" the other night while taking a walk so the mosquitoes would not carry me away :D... :shock:sorry for rambling on and doing such a long post everyone...
John
I went to Kotzebue in 1962 stayed there until 1973 with a break for army service 64-66 (spent that in Ft. Rich and Wainright), moved to Ketchikan in 73, Juneau in 82, left to help with the old folks here in Tacoma in 98. With the FAA most of that time, and drove a few airplanes on the side.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Did you know a gentleman by the name of Dick Hunze in Ketchikan around that time frame? I think he had started in the FAA by that time, but I know he lived and worked in Ketchikan in the 60's then moved to Talkeetna in the early70's if I remember correctly.He worked in Talkeetna for the FAA as a controller.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

89WingNAK wrote:
Did you know a gentleman by the name of d**k Hunze in Ketchikan around that time frame? I think he had started in the FAA by that time, but I know he lived and worked in Ketchikan in the 60's then moved to Talkeetna in the early70's if I remember correctly.He worked in Talkeetna for the FAA as a controller.
I was at OTZ when he was in ECH. Think Imet him in FAI at a love in.

Don't get excited folks, a love in was a term for one of those group gropes, love thy fellows, team building kind of PC crap that got started in the Government and Corporations in the 70s.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.