Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I burned the manuals along with the junkmail. Triumph is crap as far as I am concerned. Triumph picked up the ball as BSA kicked the bucket. Besides, Triumphs have more moving parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

Good Grief mate whats brought this on :?,,the early Triumphs ,and nortons, Bsa ,etc,,and all the NVT,, were bad ,,,but wernt every thing at that time ????,,the modern Triumph is a much moremodern motorcycle to ride than one of the older things,even if your restoring a old Triumph they are still a great thing to behold,, :waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I was deeply, passionately, hopelessly in love with two bikes when I was a kid-soldier: A BSA Goldstar and a Triumph Bonneville.....neither of which I could afford, of course. Not on a G.I.s pay......

And then came the Japanese, with a bike that I could afford, and a bike that would run, and would even keep up with those magnificent Goldstars and Bonnevilles........ Yamamoto's revenge..... The Honda CL Scrambler.......

I felt bad about it....for awhile.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

briggs and stratton & schwinn made my first motorcycle

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Seriously, all kidding aside. I lived in a town that had a horse racing track about five miles out of town. On Saturday nights they smoothed out the dirt and raced flattrack motorcycles. I rode my bicycle there to watch them. A couple years later it was a Honda 90 I rode with a pack of Honda hooligans to watch every weekend. I fell in love with the britt bikes. Vowed to own one someday. Four years later I was an E1 in the USAF stationed in Lubbock Tx. with an old cobbled together Bonney and a 19 year old wife and six month old daughter. I loved my Triumph and I rode it to the base every day to wrench on aircraft. On the way home one day I was eastbound and an elderly driver in an old Caddie had the sun in his eyes and didn't see that he had strayed into my lane. I didn't see it either until it was too late. I planted my Triumph dead center into that big grill. The car and the motorcycle were both destroyed but for whatever reason I survived. The next two years were rough but I made it. These days I ride BSA but that neighbor of mine worships Triumph and is corrupting my damaged brain! I've even been known to have thoughts of buying another one. Maybe I should buy a Commando instead.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

Commando ??? now were talking;)i was brought up on them,,had 4 of em ,,the best one was a JPN replica, with the engine tuned by Dunstall,,2nd and 3rd gears were breath taking,, went like the clappers,,sold it and bought my first Honda ,,a cb 750 f1,,,wish i still had the Commando :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

You burned manuals?
Bummer, :(
I would have took them off your hands.

Everyone knows that if you ride a british bike, you'd better have a manual - because God knows you're gonna need it sooner or later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.