Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Today, as I was walking out of CTC store, all geared up in my black jacket and black chaps-I heard this voice saying Nice bike Thanks I said, as I looked across at this old geezer(perhaps even older than me). I walked over to him and as I got up to him,he poked a cigarette thru the gap that his lower front teeth used to occupy. He took a deep drag and said You need a new front tire though. What happened, I said. Nothing, I was just looking at your bike and noticed that the front tire was worn out. Oh no, I said, it is only just broken in. It is A Dunlop Elite III and that is the new tread design--almost a slick. I used to ride Harleys over 40 years ago, he said, and when my tires got to lookin like that, they was worn out. Never really noticed how them tires has changed. We talked till he threw his butt on the ground and I trundled off to strap my snow shovel onto the back rack

I found what he said interesting.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I was at the local mall a few months ago and thought I saw something stuck to the tire of a sport bike parked by the beer store.

When I looked closer it wasn't something stuck there it was the cord showing through. :shock:

The owner saw me looking and said "Yup, I need a new tire." His life I guess. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

good story Ken. It's so true that as we age, we don't keep up with the times on many many things.

My parents (in their 80's) are even worse but I've noticed over the past year that technology is changing so quickly it's hard to keep up.:baffled:

I was shopping for snow tires last week and was amazed at the changes since the last time I bought them is 1993. And now, a set of snows didn't last me since 1993 but I now have a rear wheel drive vehicle again so went with snows. :)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

A friend of mine, who has ridden for 45-50 years, told me I needed a new tire. It was an E3, it had been on my bike 2-3 days with less than 300 miles on it. After he looked close he saw the new rubber still down the middle and heturned red faced. David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.