·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
Several Years ago, I said electric cars and trucks would never make it to the public highways.
just not enough range/capacity in the batteries.

but the chemists have been developing ways to get more power, faster recharges out of them
it is conceivable that even I, at 78 might live to see my gas guzzler stranded because no petro will be allowed to be sold to me. :(

so, what is a retiree to do then? we don't have the assets to start all over.

That will leave our Toy Hauler trailer high and dry.

·
Registered
475 Posts
No Body care's about that John, The powers to be are going to get rid of Gas powered car's and trucks. My 91 Nissan truck with 97,000 original miles can't be on the roads in California this year. Has to be brought up to 2010 standers. Means changing the Motor and Transmission to 2010 or newer motor. The state said they would help me buy a new truck, I'm 72 years old, I'm not buying a new truck for a few years of work. It does not really matter much now with everything shut down in our industry. Also have you seen how much dirt has to be mined out of the ground for one set of Batteries. It's only working now because China has lots of land and cheap Labor. I'm fed up with all of this crap about saving the plant for our good.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
me too, it is all false, I'm 78 and I can't replace my truck either, maintained well, runs like brand new.

if I were use, I would move to AZ live in a nice RV trailer and avoid Real Estate taxes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts