·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

And I'll bet they ain't cheap neither....Shipping to the US would be a night mare...Here is a link to their web site...Go to Links, guess who is the second website on their list??:shock:?? Check it out.....

http://www.goldbrand.info/index.html

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

The only question that came to mind when I saw that was "why".
Maybe as a design exercise ok, but not beyond that.

One of the commentators on youtube summed up my opinion very well with this comment "That wing is impressive, but these people have lost touch with what the real joy of motorcycling is". I agree.

IMHO.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

That "thing" is stupid looking and would be totally against the law in most European countries , It is too wide for the wing and over the legal length as well , to me it is a monstrosity .If I wanted to travel like that I would prefer a proper winnebago :) :)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

"Wingiebago"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

OMG!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
imported post

my only thought is ,,,, would my 1100 pull it ????

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
imported post

T hat trailer is an awesome feat of engineering and craftsmanship, being able to keep the weight of it where you did and maintain the strength of the unit is awesome, some people may not think it proper for a wing to pull. It just may not be there thing but everybody has there own opinion no matter how they express it.but if it keeps you and the better half traveling and enjoying yourself on the budget allowed all the power to you. there may be legal issues in some areas but any responsible person would check this out and plan accordingly. Designers like you are a credit and keep things moving forward I hope you keep moving on with this projectuntil you are happy with it . although not all designs work if you do not try you won't know. So keep up the good work

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

On the website, he says his weight is about 300lbs. Showed it Carol when it came up awhile back. We are in the planning stages of trying to build one for our use. Construction will be fiberglass of styrofoam on an aluminum chassis. Quite feasible and remarkable strength. I'm working out the shop drawings now. It will sleep two with a queen size bed that also becomes a sit down table with storage under the bench. Our dimensions are rough 60" wide by 120" in length. Travel height is close to 48", top to ground. Set up height will be 84". We will be running a torsion bar suspension to keep overall height down. When set up it will rest upon screw jacks like other campers. We plan on incorporating a roof mount RV ac system. The camper will run of both 12v system, car batteries, and 110 when camped in a RV spot. The 110 is the recharge the batteries. All furniture, a shallow 10" deep dresser at front of camper and a set of side cabinets in the unit will be fiberglass over styrofoam covered in real wood veneer for the "classy wood" look without the weight. Our entry door will be the dutch door type but the lower section folds down for wheel chair/scooter access. Thinking about incorporating an awning with an enclosed room to make a outside living area should we having to stay put because of rain. He inspired us.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Iwas watching a video on that the other day way cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.