Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st day out, we made it up to Belleville, KS and met up with Bryan and Linda...
I had all of their pertinent info in my phone, the Note 4, and thought all was well.

2nd day out, we left Belleville at daybreak and was really lucky, cloudy and 66* to start out, at 10 AM it is only 77* and when we pulled into Hot Sprints it was just touching 90*.

Even I would have been able to make that trip.... but, you just don't know what the weather gods will throw at you over a 10 day span..... so, we have the pickup and trailer, and are taking turns driving the truck, and riding our bikes.....

I can ride when it is super cool, and Chuck can ride if he wants to. Which he plans to ride from Hot Springs to Sioux Falls and I will drive the truck.... but, it it turns off tooooo hot for Chuck, we will stop and load up his bike and he can get inside where the a/c is.

Advantages to our madness this NASSIR tour.

We went out and took a loop around north of town today, left at daybreak again and stopped for breakfast, then on to the tourist traps.... Chuck was feeling a bit off, and went back to the hotel at 10:30, I stayed one more hour with Dave and Andy and then I turned back to the hotel....

Here are a few pix that I was able to snag....
The buffalo was walking down the hill when we saw him, I snapped a couple of shots, but he was pretty far away for a snap shot.

Chuck has Leica with a zoom lens, he will have much better shots.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Internet dropped the pictures

try again

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
Andy& I continued on and went to Spearfish, through Spearfish canyon and back up through Sturgis then back down through Vanocker canyon through Nemo and back to Hot Springs. Had a good ride.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today, we went west up to Devils Tower, then across to Belle Fourche for lunch and gas.

Then to Spearfish to access the upper end of Spearfish Canyon....
A beautiful ride, and very few tourists to get in the way of us enjoying the ride.

Only one real clod, running 40 in a 55 and got all bent out of shape when we found a dotted line instead of a double yellow and zoomed around him..... he tired to keep up with us for the longest, but when the speed limit changed to 70 we left him in the dust..... we think his wife had some nice words for him :rofl:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
36,487 Posts
Devils tower was one of my favorite stops when we went out west. And who would have thought Belle Fouche SD is the Geographic center of the USA. So much to see in this country and so little time to see it.

·
Just one of the guys
4,774 Posts
Hurry up and finish it and announce where NASSIR 10 is going to be!
Short hop for you, Seneca Rocks WV.

There is a separate forum on the North American Goldwings Site for this event. It is being modified more details will be forthcoming, suffice it to say steps are being taken to be sure the event goes off nicely and with a broad appeal.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
8:30 AM is finding us just north of Council Bluffs, IA.

Going to meet Jeff Shaw at the Hoembrecker Country Store Hwy 45 and I -435

We have a 1500 seat for him.

Can't beat free shipping :)

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chuck drove the 1st half, we met Jeff Shaw at "The Station" a pit stop at hwy 45 and I-435 and he stole his seat back from Chuck :rofl:

The Okie Arkie gang had a tremendous experience in the last 9 days.....
can't do it justice in one post.

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is SPOT track of where my 1800 has been on our trips around the areas....
The very first day was lost, as SPOT will only display 7 days, sigh! I was so engrossed at having fun, I forgot to make a screenshot of day 1.... oh well, Day 1 was from Oologah to Bellevue, KS... a totally boring ride.

Where gaps exist, it was not turned ON during that portion of a ride.... I never forget to turn it ON :crying2:.... uh, yeah, I do sometimes.

At any rate, it is easy to see where all our gang has been. We had one hell of a fun trip, and are raring to go to Summer Rally SR10 in West by God Virginia >:)

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/13-nassir-meet-n-greet-forum/621777-summer-rally-nassir-10-info.html

If you don't come to SR10, you will forever regret it, because everyone, who is anyone, is coming next year..... we know that for sure, as we will have spent all our Data Plan minutes calling them and giving them a personal invite :wink2:

Attachments

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
If you don't come to SR10, you will forever regret it, because everyone, who is anyone, is coming next year..... we know that for sure, as we will have spent all our Data Plan minutes calling them and giving them a personal invite :wink2:
Well you've now confirmed what I've suspected for over half a century.
I'm a nobody!:grin3:

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh dern, did I do a mis-speak???

terrible high speed fingers getting in front of good prose.... :|

I had to add the word "will" :wink2:

I and others are trying to reach out to as many as we can get a hold of, both on and off the forum, and invite all to next year's event..

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pictures of places and things we saw...

the pictures are named, so should be self explanatory.

it was a great time, and enjoyed it all...

I want to extend a special "Thank You" to our Host: Big Ike
Andy Eisenhauer for stepping up to the plate and making sure that we all had a good time while in his home town of Sioux Falls, SD.

I just got off the phone with him, and my 130 mph fingers did some dictation:

Kyle and Nikki are just now heading out to Rapid City, spent last evening with them, along with Scot from KC, went to Jazz Fest, Kyle was like a kid in a candy store, 9 of them total there still and all filled their bellies until ready to bust…

Got into the concert areas, welcome to "Kenny Wayne Shepherd" and were only 40 feet away from the stage…… Kyle was just having a blast, and stood there for the whole concert and waving to the tunes and jamming it…..

They really enjoyed their time there with Big Ike helping them out….. he just rolled with them trying to make sure that everyone had a good time.

Kyle slept over at Andy's house last night.

One comment on the photos:
Maureen is GreenDragon's wife; aka DragonLady,

the other lady in between is Henry's wife and for shame, I can't think of her name right now...
will fix that later.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.