Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

In a previous post, I listed the two accidents I had in November and December. I also mentioned that I plan to ride again one day soon. Well, my body is healing but for two ribs and a sternum that are still very sore. I have thought long and hard about whether or not to get back to riding and have started my research on the bike I might buy. I am pretty settled on the 05 GL1800 or a new one, depending on circumstance when the time comes. However, the battle I was dreading most was how to convince my wife of 8 years that bikes have been my passion for 30 years. Last night I took her out for her birthday dinner. As we drove along the pacific coast highway, she kept saying “that’s new; I haven’t seen that place before”. My response was (not on purpose) “dear, it been here for two years, I have seen it every time I took my sundowner ride. After about 20 minutes of driving she mentioned that I drool every time a bike goes by, and she was right. So, at dinner, I told her that I would give my body a good year to fix its self, get a million in life insurance and take the MSF course again if she didn’t mind me riding again. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: She said fine. I was blown away. I am luckier then I ever knew I guess. The bottom line is that Dragoon will be rolling again in about 12 to 18 months (not including the odd rental for the weekend:grinner:)

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Glad to here that your wife understands that you and her will be the better together for it.:action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Yep, ya got a "KEEPER" :cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,486 Posts
imported post

Great!! Now you need to convince her that the '09 with the air bag is the way to go!!!:coollep:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Maybe a 2010 model:baffled:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
Maybe a 2010 model:baffled:
Ummm..Maybe

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

It's always good when our wives are on the same wave length as we are.

My Christmas wish list had a bunch of stuff for the wing. Wife said that was for us not me.:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

You know Dragoon, having gone from an ex-wife who hated my motorcycle from the day I bought it, to a woman who actively and openly encourages my delinquency, I can certainly appreciate your relief at being given the nod. :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
You know Dragoon, having gone from an ex-wife who hated my motorcycle from the day I bought it, to a woman who actively and openly encourages my delinquency, I can certainly appreciate your relief at being given the nod. :)
I agree!! ;)

And I am really glad it is going to work out for you. This is a much better way than hiding your "passion" to ride - IMO

Congratulations! And good luck getting back into riding again - the rewards are great!!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

My wife won't take really long rides with me, 2000 miles plus. But she will still go, either she takes the truck, or flies to my destination, and will ride with me there. She has never stopped me from riding, in fact she was the one that encouraged me to convert to a trike when I was having problems with (for the lack of a better word) my strength, being able to pick one up if necessary, it's my back, feet, pined ankles, bad shoulders. Now I just keep riding.:action:

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for all the good wishes. I could not be happier now unless I actually could hit the road on a bike. It is in the 80s with the santa anna winds and I just watched my neighbor pull out both of his butt blings and ready them for a ride. He still hasn’t asked me if I want to ride one:jumper:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Glad to hear that you're getting it worked out.

Sure would be better than trying to hide a bike,,,,:baffled:

then the wife shooting you one night while you sleep, thinking you're seeing another woman :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

I'm glad it worked out positively for you. I understand and share the same passion for riding.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Hey Dragoon, sure glad to hear that you have that one contentious issue put to bed and with good results.

Far better to be on the level with the wife, makes it easier to live with them :D

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Dragoon wrote:
He still hasn’t asked me if I want to ride one:jumper:
Maybe your recent history with bikes has him scared too :cheeky1:sorry couldn't resist.

Glad you got the go ahead from your better half.

ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Dragoon!

What great news for you to receive. It would be a shame to have to replace her after all these years.......;)

Oh, come ON!!! Someone had to say it! :action:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Now we know why their called the better half, probably inside they almost wish we would not do what we want to do, but they understand the need inside of us.

Ladies, here's to you...:toast::toast::toast::toast::kissing::kissing:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

Lets not forget she was promised a one Million dollar life insurance policy. Check your brakes regularly when you are our riding just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Bob W wrote:
Lets not forget she was promised a one Million dollar life insurance policy. Check your brakes regularly when you are our riding just to be safe.
:)
Trust me, I plan to execute a very close look at the bike and its system before each ride. I will do so for my truck and car too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.