Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
26,561 Posts
imported post

Remember when cartoons were violent and kids were not?

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

Some of the best entertainment available!!!!!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

I do believe my kids are now addicted to Buggs Bunny.

Not such a bad thing. Better then some of the other garbage they watch.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

What confuses me is that the quality of cartoons had improved greatly be the late 80's and early 90's. Now they've actually gotten worse. What became almost lifelike has now become ludicrous.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

Whether we realize it or not, most of us "old timers" that grew up on Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry, etc. learned a ton of classical music due to them using it in the cartoon. Remember the Wagner opera that Elmer Fud sang in the Bugs Bunny cartoon?

"Kill da Wabbit...Kill da Wabbit!"

The quality of those cartoons will never be seen again...artists want too much money to do it right...plus they depend on computers too much now. I personally think Mel Blanc was a genius! God rest his soul...

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,791 Posts
imported post

Cartoons today aren't designed to be entertainingtheyare designed to convey a political or a socialagenda.To "enlighten" the children instead of entertaining with comedy likecartoons used to do.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

Very true...as well as to sell toys...:shakehead:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Yahhhhyyyyy B.B......:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:Bugs is soooooo......coolllllll

Attachments

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
imported post

TXGrasshopper wrote:
The quality of those cartoons will never be seen again...artists want too much money to do it right...plus they depend on computers too much now. I personally think Mel Blanc was a genius! God rest his soul...
And he didn't even like carrots!!! I sure do miss those old cartoons

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Remember when cartoons were violent and kids were not?
Dave0430, is the sign in your avitar just outside of D.C?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

That gave me a good hearty laugh. I may be younger than alot ofyou but I grew up on bugs. My favorite is the one where he gets lost and meets the count( vampire)Cause he shoulda have made a left at aberqourkie

Abbra ka dabra ** Hocus Pocus
Abbra ka dabra ** HoCus POcuS
The vampire kept lifting the stone then getting turned into a bat the stone fell on him. HAHAHAHH

New port News
Walla Walla Washington

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

I gotta say that Bugsy and Mugsy was one of my favorites, along with Michigan J Frog. Something about that frog with a tophat cracks me up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.