Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This really happened to my family, and it came to mind after all these years when someone I'm sending my old cycle sound to made the comment that after Christmas would be fine to ship the cycle sound.....

Someone sent my parents a fruit cake, and it was not from any fruit cake company that we would eat their fruit cake.....Sooooo as a joke my mother sent it to one of my brothers who the next Christmas sent it to one of us..There are 6 brothers and one sister so that fruit cake seen a lot of miles......

For over10 years that fruit cake was sent every Christmas to one of us or a relative....It got shipped to some on their birthdays.....Well the last year it was shipped, I had it and sent it to my youngest brother...Come Christmas no cake...The postal service said it was lost????? That is kinda lost...it showed up at my younger brothers door in July of the next year....Yup on July 25th.......:cheeky1:...We retired that fruit cake gave it to one of my brothers hogs.....They lived so it really wasn't that bad after all.....

Claude....

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

A good excuse to tell a similar tale.

Years ago we started a gift exchange at Xmas, rather than everybody trying to buy for everybody else. The first thing I bought for it was a set of microwave egg cookers. You could crack an egg in to these things, put it in the microwave and get out something like a boiled egg.

For whatever reason, it has never been tried, and it has now become tradition, every year it turns up, often in disguise, and whoever gets it has to smile bravely and think what they can do with it for next year. Come to think of it I am not even sure who won it last year, but I guess we'll find out.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Those remind me of the ugliest little wooden bird that switched hands between my great-grandmother, great-aunt and my grandmother. That was the joke every year, someone ended up with that bird in some fashion, one year was in a bird house, one year pinned to a article of clothing, etc. etc. My great-grandmother always gave $100 bills for Christmas and some years it would be wrapped around the bird. It was hideous. All three of those wonderful ladies have since went to sing on the Streets of Gold. I am not sure where the bird ended up, but it would be funny to find it and continue the tradition with my mom and little brother.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

We always go to my sister's for a holiday meal. They have one bathroom with everything Harley in it. Jam packed. So each year I put a picture of me on my wing somewhere in the room. It take a while for her to remember to look for it, and get that "discusting" thing out.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

lolz...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.