Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
WooHoo! Blasting off from "cold country" (where it is currently 80+degreesF) on Saturday morning for a leisurely jaunt down I-75 to Lima,OH or thereabouts. Sunday we press on to Kentucky. Monday we wander into Fontana like lost sheep. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. I love it!!!

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Currently in Bristol, TN. Will be just west of Ashville, NC tomorrow and will pull out for Fontana on Sunday.
Just got in from work and saw this. Wish I didn't have to be at work at 5 am I'd try to meet up with you tonight. If you are still in the area tomorrow around lunch you need to go to Ridgewood BBQ, trust me I know where the good food is at.:ROFL:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Will be in Candler, NC for July 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Pulling out on the 6th for Fontana. Planning on riding the Blue Ridge Parkway, and Devil's Drop while in the area.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Sam, I think you just caused me to add another ride to my planned rides while I am there! :bow:
Just keep your eyes open for rte 151, and take it. If your pegs are not worn out yet, they will be after that ride.:waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Sam, I think you just caused me to add another ride to my planned rides while I am there! :bow:
Brian, just a few miles down the Blue Ridge Parkway from rte 151 you will see a sign for the Cradle of Forestry. Take 276 south of off the parkway and only go about nine miles, and you will see the very beautiful Looking Glass Falls. Well worth the side trip.

water falls 002.JPG

water falls 006.JPG

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
I have been sorting stuff all day to take to NASSIR. Trailer is hooked to the truck. The Gen set is ready to load along with a storage box and the bike the last thing.
See everyone soon!
Dubs

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
That 219 looks like a fun road too Sam,,, http://goo.gl/maps/205ER I might have to investigate ;)
Just rode 215 today looking for a water fall, but had no luck. Really, really great road!!!! North Carolina is absolutely amazing. We have rode a lot of roads in this state, and somehow they never cease to amaze!!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.