Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I ride my motorcycle on smoky days... I ride my motorcycle on rainy days..... I ride my motorcycle on windy days.... I even ride my motorcycle on snowy days....because.....a day will come when I can't ride at all, and I will have to rest easy in some rocker someplace, with my eyes shut, watching all those rides flicker by on the back of my eyelids. The only truly tragic day is a wasted one.....

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

Mel, that is so simple and yet it is so profound at the same time. When I read that to my wife she said that it really touched her heart. You sir, are wise beyond your years.:claps:

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

Yes, nice thoughts CJ.

I did just that yesterday. Rode to the end of the driveway and turned left, then had to decide whether to turn left or right at the next road.

Turned right and proceeded to ride for another 420 km over the Higwood Pass, 7239' ASL, on highway 40. Beautiful day, +29c, light wind and very few vehicles on the road.

I have posted this video of the Highwood before, here it is again. Just a beautiful ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLjvBRUR5rc&feature=relmfu

Took some photos of the autumn colours and a fire on the slopes of the Nakiska Ski Hill.

The only time I rode the Wing in the snow was on this road.

Came home and barbecued some lamb chops for supper.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Mel you see all that time spent in teaching was well spent YOUR still inspiring people!!!!! Oh to be so WISE and yet share it with us mortales:bowing::bowing::action::action: THANK YOU!!!!Now we HAVE to get out and ride..

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

Well said CJ. I used to work and work and work without doing any other activities. But by some of you guys making statements like this has made me realize just how short life is and I need to get out there and see the country. I have been in and traveled more places in the last two years than I have since I retired from the Army. Although I have seen a lot of the world there is nothing more pretty than the United States and there is a lot to see here on the Wing.

Thanks for the wisdom that you share with us.:thumbsup:

Don
:action:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Right on CJ - something else that improves with age like good Scotch is the appreciation for life ....:action::action::action::action::waving:

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

I didn't know you could improve the taste of scotch !

That is what I was missing.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

By the way, good morning everyone.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

CJ,
After reading this post I was going to say "you should write a book", then I thought- you are! And we goldwing fans are your readers.....
Your posts are always inspiring and I look forward to each one.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

wingsound wrote:
CJ,
After reading this post I was going to say "you should write a book", then I thought- you are! And we goldwing fans are your readers.....
Your posts are always inspiring and I look forward to each one.
My thoughts exactly.

Well put.:claps::claps::claps:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.