Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hike up and down hills religiously, and it's enjoyable -- but the real importance of it is that it provides excellent physical training for a joy activity, which is downhill skiing. I also bicycle religiously if road conditions allow, and it's enjoyable -- but the real importance of it is that it provides excellent physical training for a joy activity, which is motorcycling. There are enjoyable activities, and then there are joy activities!

For my particular individual soul, the joy activities seem to be faster, and involve a small amount of physical danger. Enjoyable activities keep my heart, lungs, and body alive; and joy activities keep my soul and spirit alive! But both are necessary, both critical, to my well-being.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
You are so lucky to live where those things are readily available. I have been blessed that a small gym has opened in our little town that is really cheap to belong to, open 24/7 and 2 miles from the house. So far I have been faithful with my workout regimen and have lost 25 lbs and 3 inches off my waist.
would I rather be hiking or riding in the wide open spaces? I don't know!
Dubs

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Stair climbing is also a great work out...Sooooo go find a building or tower.. Beautiful photographs, something I never did, Ski...Looks like fun, I'm sure i'd break something though or run into a tree and die..

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stair climbing is also a great work out...Sooooo go find a building or tower.. Beautiful photographs, something I never did, Ski...Looks like fun, I'm sure i'd break something though or run into a tree and die..
Building or a tower? Arggghhhhh.....never! Here's our "stair workout" below; we are blessed with a half-dozen mountain trails that we can climb year round -- with hiking boots and sun cream in the summer, snowshoes and headlamps in the winter -- they are all just about 2 miles one way in length, and 1800' elevation gains. Never could exercise indoors....unnatural....like dancing with your first wife!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are so lucky to live where those things are readily available. I have been blessed that a small gym has opened in our little town that is really cheap to belong to, open 24/7 and 2 miles from the house. So far I have been faithful with my workout regimen and have lost 25 lbs and 3 inches off my waist.
would I rather be hiking or riding in the wide open spaces? I don't know!
Dubs

Good for you, Bernie.....especially on the disappeared 25 lbs..... that's like walking around without the two bowling balls you used to carry! Lol.....and, yes, you would rather be hiking....trust me!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
When I was growing up in W.Va. I loved being in the mountains in the winter. Full blown winter storms and me and my dog would be in the woods well after dark hiking. Good memories!
Dubs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.