Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I thought about taking golf lessons once -- about 25 years ago --but I bought a motorcycle instead... and that has made all the difference (my apologies to the poet Robert Frost).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

motorcycling isn`t cheap but , i hear a good set of clubs is hi dollar too. LOL

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

I think I've been onthat road !

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Golf is the dumbest game ever. Hit a ball as far as you can, then hit again when you find it. Dumb. Gimme an iron horse any day.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

A golf membership and greens fees will pay for a lot of motorcycling! You chose the less costly of the two hobbies and look at all the adventures you would have missed.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
motorcycling isn`t cheap but , i hear a good set of clubs is hi dollar too. LOL
Yes, and you need a set of at least 4 good clubs too!
Get's boring going to same club every weekend!

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

It doesn't matter what you chose to do in life, as long as you enjoy what ever you decide.

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

My wife and I completed a trip last month to e-washington,that looks like s road we cuold have been on!Beutiful!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
It doesn't matter what you chose to do in life, as long as you enjoy what ever you decide.
cj

heres the best reply so far. :claps:

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Some people tell me Motorcycles are dangerous.

Some people tell me I should not ride a Motorcycle because I could die on it.

Some people tell me Motorcycles shouldbe outlawed.

:?

I think Motorcycles have saved my life/mind/sanity many times over:action:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I have been into motorcycle from the day I was born, and riding and working on them since age 8. They have always been a major part of my life, along with vintage cars, and always will be.

I also cannot imagine anything more boring than golf, but most people simply use it to socialize. They don't take it that seriously. Most golfers are TERRIBLE at the game, but don't care, because thats not what they are out there for anyway.

S[peaking of strange interests, my former in laws have 2 poodles. Now talk about something expensive. They have easily spent $10,000 on these poodles in the couple of years they have had them, between vet bills (poodles seem to be very unhealthy), and trips to the poodle parlor to have them groomed, and going to poodle events (yes there really is such a thing) Again, the main reason for owning these money pits is to socialize with other poodle owners.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Now there you go, words that I never thought I would see together, Poodle & Money pit.........

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

JerryH, you reminded me of my first motorcycle, 1970 trail 50 Wow those are a collectors item now.

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

Why not do both?

Here is the prototype of a rack we have been working on.

(let me know if you are interested in one)

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I had the question posed to me a couple of months ago if I golfed. My reply was that
golfing never ever appealed to me and had no interest in it. Still does not. I understand the challenge of it but its not my cup of tee....hehehe.. There arent any sports that I can
sit and watch all the way thru. Matters not if its basketball, football, baseball or soccer...it gets boring for me to watch and its an excellent way for me to fall asleep.:?

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

TXRLGL1500 wrote:
My reply was that golfing never ever appealed to me and had no interest in it. Still does not. I understand the challenge of it but its not my cup of tee....hehehe.. There arent any sports that I cansit and watch all the way thru. Matters not if its basketball, football, baseball or soccer...it gets boring for me to watch and its an excellent way for me to fall asleep.:?
I'm the same way. Oh, and poodles are not dogs, they are ankle biting money pits that don't know when to shut up. :ROFL: Kinda like the taco bell dog. Any ways, I've played golf and it was alright, I just wasn't into it. It's a simple game with hard challenges. It's expensive if you play a lot (especially if you get the "good" clubs and go to the "good" courses. The green fees are usually high and if you rent a golf cart or buy one that's really high $$ as well. I've seen golf carts go for more than I paid for my wing and they are only used on the course. :? I'll take my wing over that any day, although I do understand golf's uses. I don't remember who first said it, but "Many deals are made on the golf course".

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

CJ, somehow you always have some of the nicest pics, possibly because you ride some of the nicest roads.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
imported post

I told a golf-nut buddy of mine that I would join him on the golf course when they make just one little change....a golfer would carry his bag of clubs AND a gun case.:thumbsup:

I figure the game would go something like: hit the stupid little ball towards the next hole, then each golfer gets the chance to 'relocate' an opponents little white ball with a well placed shot from a high power rifle. Off-hand of course....want to keep it sporting and all......

Yeah, that's it...a REAL golf game there.........:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

I have played golf..... Don't get it. I liked it, but no matter what I did I get one hell of a right hand slice. So bad, that I can turn 90 degrees on the T hit the ball and it will land 60 or so feet out on the green.....

Robin Williams Describes Golf the best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQd49rEF_0

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

pcfix_3 wrote:
........ I don't remember who first said it, but "Many deals are made on the golf course".
Yeah, and Mark Twain was attributed with saying "Golf is a good walk wasted."

I don't really agree with Mr. Twain, I used to enjoy Golf, but like so many things in the past, I just slowly lost interest. Probably because I quit improving, or stopped caring if I improved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.