Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need a quick answer for this one guys. My GL1500itrans is shot (4th gear constantly grinding) and I don't want to split the case, buy new gears and a gasket set. Not with 127,000 miles on it, lack of expertise and lack of special tools. So my question is this: Can I replacemy Interstate engine with an engine from an Aspencade or SE? The difference being of course the added reverse gear. My interstate does not have reverse. If this will interchange with little or no modification, will I gain reverse on my Wing? Thanks in advance for all answers.

Kevin

Findlay, OH

:?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The engine will swap Kevin. You won't gain reverse initially, there is a ton of wiring and other bits missing from the Interstate.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Well that's good to hear Ted. I wonder how intensive of a task it would be to to make the reverse functional? Is it a matter of changing or altering the wiring harness? I'm sure that with some wisdom from this site, I can get it to work. I found an engine with only 5800 miles. It would be a shame to not get any use out of a nearly new reverse gear. Has anyone on here had success adding reverse to their interstate?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.