Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Dear All,

Please help me to advise the Quality of the GL1500 Engine Guard after market unit comparewith OEM unit.

Which is the good quality...?:baffled:

Thank you

Wing From Thailand....:)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can't really compare them for you Surapong but I can say the quality of the OEM guards is very good.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi there Surapong,

good to see you posting again.

If you are asking, because your existing ones are showing signs of deterioration, might I suggest that if they aren't beyond repair, that you look at having the ones you have got re chromed. If you have a good chroming firm near to you, it may pay to go that route as the chrome will be good and thick and the metal prepared well, if they are a good firm.

I had mine done by a firm that did a lot of chroming for boats and they did an excellent job and I expected it to last a long while.

Just an idea. :)

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

If yours is the later type guard fitted from 1998 on, the OEM chrome is poor compared to the older models, in which case you might find the aftermarket ones better.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

It does state "older 1500" in the heading and a quick look in the gallery releals that Surapong has indeed got the "hoop" style older engine guards on his very nice 1500.

Then again they might not be for his bike!!!:baffled:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.