Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
28,080 Posts
What I would like to see is the mass media put out the whole truth of using corn liquor for fuel, maybe that would lead to it being banned. Otherwise have 2 choices at fuel stations, either all the ethanol your foggy brain could want or none at all.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I suppose I cannot post this enough:

From Honda Motor Company:

Can I use ethanol fuel in my Honda product?

• E10 ethanol fuel can be used with Honda Marine and Power Equipment, and also motorcycles produced after 1990, although it is not recommended.
  • It's important to know:
    1. Ethanol Fuel can damage paintwork - Take care not to spill when refuelling, and promptly wipe off any spill.
    2. Rubber Fuel System Parts may become degraded more quickly.
    3. Depending on weather, and the condition of the motorcycle, driveability may be adversely affected.
    4. For marine applications it's best to speak to the boat builder. There will be issues with certain fuel tanks (aluminium and fibreglass) as well as hoses and other fuel line components.
  • Use of higher ethanol grade fuels may cause running and/or performance issues. If an engine failure occurs and a higher ethanol grade fuel has been used then repairs will not be covered by the Honda limited warranty.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
"The same complaints came when 10% blend came in -- the world was coming to an end,'' says Zaremba, 47. "E15 burns well and has great performance, and four people tell me it gives them better gas mileage. I don't see any major issues with it -- yet."

Quoted from USA article, last sentence.
It is IMPOSSIBLE to get better mileage with an E-blend. E-blend requires a richer mixture, therefore, more gets used for the same output as gasoline.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
"The same complaints came when 10% blend came in -- the world was coming to an end,'' says Zaremba, 47. "E15 burns well and has great performance, and four people tell me it gives them better gas mileage. I don't see any major issues with it -- yet."

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get better mileage with an E-blend. E-blend requires a richer mixture, therefore, more gets used for the same output as gasoline.

Propoganda > creates fear > creates submission < achieves goal > dependency on Mother.

Soylent Green IS People...
Ethanol IS Gasoline...
E-10 IS Good...
E-Fuel
Flex-Fuel
Eco-Tec
...on and on.

...just put your glasses on and ride.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I can't see how a decently tuned engine could get more mileage out of E10 than gasoline. Ethanol has less BTU content per unit volume than gasoline. My 1500 gave about 10% MORE mileage with gasoline. Ditto my 1800. The problem was in Oregon you can only buy 93 octane without ethanol for road use. The added cost of not having the crap in gasoline makes it more economical to use the adulterated junk that Acher Daniels Midland pays the government to mandate.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I pass it on this way:

I walk up to a 10-shot-a-day alcoholic and say, "hey, how 'bout I give you 9 shots off whiskey and one shot of Miller Light?"
Alcoholic says, "Ok, uhh, ...what's the catch?"
I say, "oh, there's no catch. Just pretend it's 10 shots of whiskey and you'll be ok. Don't worry about it."

Problem is: at least an alcoholic knows his juice. Knows when he's cheated. General public ain't got a clue as to what gas or E10 is. It could very well be Soylent Green for all that they know.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Where i'm from the only one's that can afford to burn it and likes it is the FARMERS.I wish the gov would just go ahead and give them a few more billion and get the stuff off the market until all newer vehicles can safely and cost effectively burn the junk.You ought to see some of the heads and plugs from SOME of these cars that have been trying to burn this crap.You would change your mind in a hurry,unless you were the one that baled it.

·
killer driller
781 Posts
I can't see how a decently tuned engine could get more mileage out of E10 than gasoline. Ethanol has less BTU content per unit volume than gasoline. My 1500 gave about 10% MORE mileage with gasoline. Ditto my 1800. The problem was in Oregon you can only buy 93 octane without ethanol for road use. The added cost of not having the crap in gasoline makes it more economical to use the adulterated junk that Acher Daniels Midland pays the government to mandate.

it would be my guess that those four people failed math

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
I make my own liquor, fuel, call it what you like, only trouble is, it takes about 3 weeks to make a pint from my little still and I for )@mn sure use a whole lot more than that in the bike, let alone in the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.