Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
21,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 this morning I am awakened by a big crash. Jump out of bed and find the wall in the computer room caved in. Hear a male voice yelling something in Spanish then the offending truck starts, backs out and flees.

It took out the gas line and meter so it will be a while before I can get back in the house. Need a plumber to repair the pipe inside the wall.

Meanwhile I will be at the Marriott and eating at McD's... And posting on a Kindle.

Cops found the truck and owner, a woman, who claims she was driving. I know it's BS but I don't want to risk giving her insurance any excuses.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
So sorry to hear that, Dennis. The really bad part is that no insurance ever pays enough to cover everything. Good part is that you were not near that wall, no fire and Bike is doing well.
PS Merry Christmas

·
Administrator
24,633 Posts
That's a terrible way to start the day but at least you got to start another day.

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
Dang! That's a night mare almost, a bad dream at the least. I have seen a few, never good. Sorry to hear, but could have been worse I guess. Take care.

·
Administrator
21,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Day two at the Marriot. Things are not going well at the house. City inspector says I need to have a contractor hired so he can meet them for the inspection and I also have to have engineers do some kind of report.

·
Administrator
24,633 Posts
Bureaucracy is not about speed or efficiency. It doesn't bother him in the least that you are inconvenienced.

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
Back in the early '60s when we were little, we lived not far from the elderly couple ('50s was so elderly then?) where my sister and I stayed after school until Mom & Dad got off work at GE. One Christmas Eve when we were "asleep" in bed listening for Santa Clause (y'all did too) we heard a loud commotion up the hill about midnight. A drunk had come up the road, run off the road and clipped a power pole enough to crack it and hit their house in the living room. It was a nice brick home. I remember her saying they were in the living room and the house shook and the Piano that was in that corner come rolling straight at them.

Mom or Dad checked, found that the Guthrie's house was the source, so woke us up and we all went up there. Drunk was stinking drunk, but OK. His car was smootered though.

They rebuilt … adding a fireplace there in that corner, no more Piano. Also dug out underneath and almost doubled the basement while rebuilding.

·
Administrator
21,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
12 days and so far the city hasn't gotten the paperwork they need to start issuing the permits. I really am not happy with this Marriot but it seems it will be a while before going home.

I can't get the email going on my Kindle. What the instructions say, does not seem to work. Very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
59,566 Posts
Wish you a lot of succes and hope it will al come good again.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dennis, The whole situation seems surreal , I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.
Keep us all posted with the Progress and your Frustrations too.

·
Administrator
21,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Day 18 and still they haven't started work on the house. And they can't tell me when they will start.

On the brighter side, the Hyundai should be back from the body shop Friday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts