Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since I posted to this forum.
The 6.5" LCD screen on my GL1800 has a white bar forming in the middle of the screen.
(I've attached a photo).

I phoned a Honda dealership here for a price for a new LCD screen.
I just about fell off my seat when I was quoted $4,200.00 cdn. including tax.
That's only for the LCD panel.
With a sickening high price like that I think I will just have to live with this problem!
:cry:

I guess no one has a used one for sale anywhere.
P.S. I've been warned about buying an aftermarket unit! It was not advised.

I just checked the LCD screen again on my bike, you can actually see a black line going right across it with the power off!
With the key switched on, it appears as a white line as in the photo below:

The bike is a 2009 GL1800 (U.S. model)
My-LCD.jpg

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,429 Posts
that LCD looks like handles all of the info for the bike?
if it gets bad enough, you will loose the Odometer reading too?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,429 Posts
I just looked at Partzilla, and IF, I have picked the right part, it is maybe half that price.
check this to see if it is the right part you need.

IF, it is, I would be willing to purchase it, and ship it to you.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,429 Posts
Okay, found some in the USA

$118.00 cheapest so far

this one has the wrong picture?

·
Pwhoever
3,217 Posts
Looks like prices have gone up a bit since I last looked but still way cheaper than replacing the entire unit. Thanks for posting the links John.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could just replace the screen for around +/- $100. Let me see if I can find the thread with info. It is posted on another forum.
That is a good price. Is it used or an aftermarket unit?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,429 Posts
the units on eBay were professed to be 'new'

·
Registered
413 Posts
Those are all new screens. The screen on my 2012 is doing the same thing. It does not bother me enough yet to replace it right now. I am going to pick up a screen to have on hand though. At some point, these screens will not be available and my bike will still be going strong.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are all new screens. The screen on my 2012 is doing the same thing. It does not bother me enough yet to replace it right now. I am going to pick up a screen to have on hand though. At some point, these screens will not be available and my bike will still be going strong.
It is an excellent price. ($100). But don't you think there might be a catch? Reduced from $4,000.00 it makes me think!
Thanks for your note.
:0)

·
Pwhoever
3,217 Posts
It is an excellent price. ($100). But don't you think there might be a catch? Reduced from $4,000.00 it makes me think!
Thanks for your note.
:0)
It's not a reduction from $4000 to $100. The $4000 is replacing the entire assembly. The $100 is just replacing the screen which is the only thing wrong with it. No sense spending all that money replacing the entire assembly when it's only 1 of the components that are faulty.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not a reduction from $4000 to $100. The $4000 is replacing the entire assembly. The $100 is just replacing the screen which is the only thing wrong with it. No sense spending all that money replacing the entire assembly when it's only 1 of the components that are faulty.
Hi.. When I phoned the Honda parts dept. they told me that, this was the price of the LCD screen only ($4,200 cdn)! WOW!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pwhoever
3,217 Posts
That's because Honda will only sell you a replacement assembly. They don't sell the LCD screen by itself. Their definition of LCD "screen" is the full $4200 assembly.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Pwhoever
3,217 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,217 Posts
And surprisingly, look what comes up as the first thread on your Google search. Take a read through that thread:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts