Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
That is nice enough to say i wish i could afford to import it to the UK!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
My 75 was green,I think more green ones were made than red.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Show season, but no shows due to the pandemic so far. There is one about 90 miles away Saturday, so I need to get the trailer out and lubed. Hunley has a few "updates" - I lowered the back of the seat ~3/4" so that it sets on the rubbers now and looks a lot better. Also replaced the Oh-so-slow to respond voltmeter with a digital LED style. I hve one on my '79 and really like them. On order is a Chinabay front master cylinder to replace the big ugly painted reservoir stock one. Or, I might use a bare aluminum VTX1200 unit that I also ordered. The clutch perch and the present MC body are both bare, so it will match the clutch perch well. Lots of polished aluminum (and very little chrome) on the bike, so it will fit. Looks like this season will only be every-other weekend on average for shows.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Johnny 5 "qualified" for the 2020 challenge on Sunday. Only had to do 25 miles out and 25 miles back, but I had to ride into and back from the Time Warp Tea Room, so I ended up just a bit over 100 miles. Not running that great, but beginning to improve some as I tweak little things on it. Now that it is qualified, I can put it up for sale, too. Not a good year or time of year to sell an old GoldWing, and there are a bunch on Marketplace already I've calculated that there is about $1600 in it (my work being worthless). Will probably be lucky getting that much for it this year, so I'm prepared to preserve and store it over the winter.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Johnny 5 "qualified" for the 2020 challenge on Sunday. Only had to do 25 miles out and 25 miles back, but I had to ride into and back from the Time Warp Tea Room, so I ended up just a bit over 100 miles. Not running that great, but beginning to improve some as I tweak little things on it. Now that it is qualified, I can put it up for sale, too. Not a good year or time of year to sell an old GoldWing, and there are a bunch on Marketplace already I've calculated that there is about $1600 in it (my work being worthless). Will probably be lucky getting that much for it this year, so I'm prepared to preserve and store it over the winter.
I have given up trying to flip motorcycles, just no money in it after fixing them up.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Listed Johnny 5 on FB Marketplace and Craigslist last week. Today a friend gave me a check to hold it until next week for him.

Reactions: AZgl1800

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Someone is gonna get a nice ride,👍👍

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
He's riding the wheels off and loves it! On to my next project, a '76 RD400c rolling basket case.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Loved the RD 400,350 was ok too.

Reactions: pidjones
101 - 112 of 112 Posts