Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well it looks like the GREEN MACHINE is going to a new home in Montana this weekend. I'll be sorry to see her go but grateful since she introduced me to Goldwings and this Message Board. As with boats and airplanes, 'the happiest day in a _____________(fill in the blank) owner's life, when he sells/buys ___________."

So now the hunt starts, I've got to find me a 1500 (probably wouldn't have had to if there were 1200 emoticons) and soon or the shakes will set in. Hope to find one in the next couple weeks, got a couple possibles on eBay.

Gotta clue in the new owner about this message board, it's great; although all of you aren't as good as REDWING, it's still one of the best boards around!

:clapper:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

So, you riding her there, or is it going to be freighted?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

philcsand wrote:
So, you riding her there, or is it going to be freighted?
The folks are coming here with a pickup. I think things might be a bit icy in Northern Montana.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

I'm jealous. Iwould love a 1500 or 1800. I'm still waiting for Redwing to ship me his 1800. But I'll still enjoy my 1200

Andrew

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Well it looks like the GREEN MACHINE is going to a new home in Montana.

Gotta clue in the new owner about this message board, it's great; although all of you aren't as good as REDWING, it's still one of the best boards around!
Hey exavid, :waving:Say goodbye to the old green wing for me, :crying: and hello to the new fastest colour :15red:. Have a nice time shopping but dont take too long because the shakes will set in. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey, tell the new owner about the "Board" then you can check up on your baby once in a while!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

exavid wrote:
I will!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Things are looking up, I've got two GL1500s in the sights, hunt should be over soon. One is a 1996 with 85k milesin Arizona that's been vandalized, needs a couple side covers and a new trunk. The other is a real nice 1988 with 66k. If the Arizona one pans out I'll be flying down there next week and ride back the 1500 or so miles.

The last couple days have been killers. Since I sold the Green Machine and the new owners are due tomorrow to pick it up, I 've been afraid to ride it. It would be just my luck to have someone run into it. I'd hate to have the new folks arrive after a 750 mile drive to find the thing damaged.

:crying:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
The last couple days have been killers. Since I sold the Green Machine and the new owners are due tomorrow to pick it up, I 've been afraid to ride it.
Hey exavid, :waving:Dont touch it, :baffled:Dont even look at her :stumped:because as sure as day turns to night something will happen. :crying:Just prepare for the arrival of your new baby. :jumper:If you decide on the '96 :15red: The best of good Irish Luck and have a safe journey back from Arizona. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Man you got that right. I've got her in the shop in the middle of the floor with the door locked hoping that we don't have an earthquake. I was out there this afternoon brushing her up a bit so she'd look her best and was having moments of remorse, wish I could keep this one and a newer one!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Wow!! I never thought you would sell it. I think I may miss it as much as you!

Let me know if you need any checked out in my area.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

The Green Machine is gone! :crying::crying:I helped the new owner load her up in his pickup and he's headed back to Montana. Sure sorry to see her go but eager to find a GL1500 to replace her. I was lucky(?) on the one I was bidding on in Arizona, managed to get some more detailed pictures from the seller. Quite a bit more work needed than it looked like in the original pictures. I let someone else take it, they probably got a good deal, a 1996 Aspy for $5600. It'll probably take $1000-1500 to get it back into shape so that wouldn't be a bad deal. This time however, I want to find a bike I can just get on and ride. I spent a lot time and effort getting the Green Machine in shape, don't want to do that again. So anyway as it turns out I don't have anything in sight now but will be haunting the internet to find one ASAP!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I found an '88 in Salt Lake City, Utah that looks good. Also got a recommendation from Austin (Medic1) about the guy selling them there so at the moment I'm trying to finalize a deal so I can go get it. That area is a bit chilly for biking so if I go there I'll cheat and do the 850miles with my old Dodge truck. BTW I can't think of anyone better to ride with than anmedic!!! They make any 12V defibs? How about a windshield clamp for an IV when I get up there in years!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.