Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought my new (to me) 1500 today. I must now agree that REDWING is correct and should be granted title of "Guru Emeritus".

:15red:RED is indeed the fastest color. I confess I was wrong. My new bike is a 1993, beautiful red one owner machine that looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I've only ridden it once this evening and can't believe how nice it is. I thought my 1200 was geat, but this thing feels lighter is more nimble and smoooth! And now I have an emoticon I can use!!

:jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ah well... I'll give the edge to REDWING, after all his neighbor's machine is an 1800!

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Dave, but admit it, you only bought the bike so you could use some emoticons!!:clapper::clapper::clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

It ain't Dave, but you got it right, my secret is out. Wingnut wouldn't get any 1200 emoticons so I had no choice but to get a 1500. It had to be red so I wouldn't get any more arguments from the Guru Emeritus.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Exavid,

Congratulations on the new Bike,,,I thought I saw your bike for sale on ebay...

Dean

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

dean_3326 wrote:
Exavid,

Congratulations on the new Bike,,,I thought I saw your bike for sale on ebay...

Dean
You did and it did! Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I bought my new (to me) 1500 today. I must now agree that REDWING is correct and should be granted title of "Guru Emeritus".

:15red:RED is indeed the fastest color. I confess I was wrong.
Hurragh for exavid, :clapper: Congrats on your new :15red:well done. :jumper:Hope you have many many (s)miles of safe driving. :weightlifter:Hey exavid get that green wing of your avator quickly. :grinner:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Moocchho Congrats Exavid... have fun with your new toy...

Has anyone heard if the big H will be pushing out a 2000 cc bike sometime in the next few years? I may go for it...

Hey!!! Where are the GL1200 icons???:?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey exavid get that green wing of your avator quickly. :grinner:

How's that?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I put 120 miles on the new 1500 today, no moreGreen Machine, now it's the Red Witch. There is no doubt that the six is smoother and quieter. The windshield and fairing seem to keep more wind off, today's ride started out in 36F so that was appreciated. Cruise rpm islower than on the 1200 probably 300-350rpm less at 70mph. The fuel injected 1200 does start and run better when cold, no warm up needed, the new bike seems to want a 2 or 3 minute warm up before taking all the choke off in cold weather. Hard to compare the two bikes, I really liked the 1200 but the 1500 is easier to handle overall. It is however harder riding, with Progressive springs up front and Progressive rear shocks the ride is much stiffer. Also with the 1200 I could adjust the front fork pressure with the built in compressor and the 1500 doesn't. This bike corners better than my old 1200 but isn't as steady on a slightly rutted freeway. I do miss the gear indicator on the panel the SEI had, but I REALLY like the reverse on the 1500. Also like the way the top box and saddlebags work on the 1500. Much handier. So all in all I'm happy with the new bike, but fondly remember the Green Machine. Of course the real reason I had to spend all this money was because THERE ARE NO 1200 EMOTICONS!!

:15red:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
Hey exavid get that green wing of your avator quickly. :grinner:

How's that?
It's still there. :jumper: :15green::15red: :15red: :15red: :15red:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

REDWING, Hit the refresh button on your browser, the avatar IS changed. I know the screens on those old Sinclair computers are hard to see, turn up the wick!:whip:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

:15red:RED
is indeed the fastest color. I confess I was wrong. My new bike is a 1993, beautiful red one owner machine that looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I've only ridden it once this evening and can't believe how nice it is. I thought my 1200 was great, but this thing feels lighter is more nimble and smooth! And now I have an emoticon I can use!!

:jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper::15red::jumper:

Welcome to the 1500 sector of the forum, I like you feel the same way about the 1500 even though mine is beige:15grey:in colour, could not find a red:15red: one at the time.

One thing you must not do is, test drive a 1800 even if the temptation becomes to great. I did and my 1500 and my emoticon disappeared,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
One thing you must not do is, test drive a 1800 even if the temptation becomes to great. I did and my 1500 and my emoticon disappeared,
No danger of that, I'll be driving my old Dodge pickup for many more years because of the Red One. Being retired and working only part time precludes an 1800. I know I wouldn't like one enough to go back to the 8-5 grind!! I'd ride a motor scooter first! Maybe a Honda 50 like REDWING!!

:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Exavid:

This is how I looked on my Honda 50 when I lived about 160 miles due north of you in Chilliwack, B.C. I've had 22 Hondas since then, and the first one (like the first girl), is always the one that seems like the best one (it was blue).

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey exavid, :waving:She looks cool, :clapper:now you must agree that green is a crap colour on a wing. :whip: The only part that you need is the Utopia Backrest. :jumper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

dean wrote:
Exavid:

This is how I looked on my Honda 50 when I lived about 160 miles due north of you in Chilliwack, B.C. I've had 22 Hondas since then, and the first one (like the first girl), is always the one that seems like the best one (it was blue).
My first bike was a Cushman scooter followed by a Harley Hummer. Not terribly memorable for riding. I was in an out of Chilliwack a few times in the early sixties, the airstrip that is. Always was a relief coming south to get past the bridge near Hope in the Frasier Gorge. Tough in bad weather in a light plane.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey exavid, :waving:She looks cool, :clapper:now you must agree that green is a crap colour on a wing. :whip: The only part that you need is the Utopia Backrest. :jumper:

Nah you old fart, the Green Machine looked damn good! This bike came with a Wingleader backrest and passenger armrests, I've already taken them off. Just don't likea backrest on a bike for some reason. Who knows maybe later I'll try it again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.