Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird
1,707 Posts
imported post

Hawggy and Deb are home safe and sound.

Thanks to DRod and Buttonlady for the incredible time and energy you put into this event. We had a blast. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Thanks to Dusty for helping me with the air and fuel filters. Gas mileage has increased now.

It was nice to meet old friends and make some new ones.

Hope to see everyone again next year on the West side.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Hawggy wrote:
Thanks to Dusty for helping me with the air and fuel filters. Gas mileage has increased now.

Hey .... no problem Bob.

Glad you and Deb made it home safely!

You going to post a picture of why your gas mileage has increased? :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Home safe and sound around 1pm. SBinSC, Rudy and the Carolina Crew were dropped ata restuarant for lunch and wished well for a safe trip home. What a wonderful time. D-Rod and Patty --- :applause::applause::applause::applause: Not enough words to say what a great job you did. Nice to finally meet Steve and Dylan, what a blast to spend time with Mel and Sandy and get re-aquainted with our Canadian side of the family.

Met some New Foundlanders also, and I ain't kissin' nothin' ...:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: :gunhead:

·
1,707 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Hawggy wrote:

Hey .... no problem Bob.

Glad you and Deb made it home safely!

You going to post a picture of why your gas mileage has increased? :cooldevil:

Attachments

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Bob,I assume you declared that Customs :readit::readit::readit:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Left camp at 11:30am...arrived home safe at 6:30pm. Hit two quick showers in eastern NY, one so so, and one blinding shower, but no lightning. Thanks Patty and Dennis for an outstanding job at putting this all together. You guys are awesome. I had a great time finally meeting all the people I have only seen in cyberspace up 'till now. I have never met a bunch of nicer people in my life.

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

I thought it was supposed to take fish 3 days to stink:?
That was FAST!!

Don, did you order a tire yet? :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

Mr & Mrs Nobbie are safe at home. Thank you everyone, especially D-Rod and Button Lady, for all the effort they put into the event.

It was great to meet everyone.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
imported post

left out early this morning with Scott (scooter 7) and as described by Scott mother nature showed us some of her weather arsenal .. made it to the camper safely after 460 miles of riding and boy did the pool ever look so good after baking in the sun for most of the day .. I would like to Thank everyone for a great week, the members on this site are a class act.. I don't think I heard the word "no" all week long. Whenever someone needed something done there was a line of people there to help. At the top of that line is Wayne who stepped up to help Ray & Tracey after there mishap .. like I said the members here are a real Class Act !

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

Well, we cheated, too! We left Buffalo at 0600 yesterday and rolled into Montrose at 130 PM our time. It was fairly simple to fly, but I'd rather ride!!

Tyler had a ball. Thanks to everyone for your hospitality toward him. I know a 9 yr old in the mix is not normal, but what a great bunch of people for him to be with!

He bathed in Niagara Falls, swam in Lake Ontario, got a peek at Lake Erie, visited the Erie Canal, and expanded his ability to comprehend various dialects immensely. Great experience for him.

I think the worst exposure he had to ribaldry was my sales pitch on the er...fuel additive...sorry 'bout that....

Cindy got to drink a lot of wine, meet a lot of new people, visit with the old friends, and do the hootchie cootchie on the dance floor! What a deal!

It was great to see everyone again, and we've made all 3 Nassirs so far by hook or by crook. Nassir 2 wasn't much of a ride for me, so I look forward to riding to the future 2 or 3 Nassirs.

It was great to see everyone, and Button Lady, D-Rod, and team did a great job of organization. Thank you!!

Be safe out there!

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

Peg and I arrived home safely after leavng Bob and Anita'a house in Niagara Falls,Ontario. Traffic was terrible in the Toronto area as usual so had to back road it.

Thanks to D-Rod and Button Lady for putting on a great time. We got to meet some great people and now Peg (my wife) can put a face to the names. Of course the biggest impression was the one and only Flyone.

Hawggy, Huggy( Mrs. Hawggy),Anita,Bob , my Mom and Dad-(Tricky and Mrs Tricky),Mrs. Fatwing Chris ,my wife and my self were initiated into the Canadian chapter of the Wild Rhinos by the CEO of said organisation himself - Flyone. After the the Rhino love call Beaver Bill set off a good chunk of what sounded like dynamite to sign the deal.Thank goodness the cops didn't arrive.

Crossed the border with the 2 bottles of Octane booster in the mason jars that I won at the auction without any issues.

Thks again for a great time. It was a pleasure to finally meet Steve and Dylan.

Johnboy

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Made it home about 1:00 pm. I rode with CJ & Red from Hamburg on Friday to Cooperstown, NY where the Base Ball Hall Of Fame is located. We ran into a little rain for only several miles. (I expected it, being with those two :cheeky1:) We parted this morning after having breakfast at the Cooperstown Dinner. (Where we also had supper last night) There may be more to tell about that later :cool:.

Awesome job done by Dennis & Patty :applause::applause::applause::applause:. I was able to stay put long enough to get to know a few folks better.

Gotta finish cleaning up the gear,,,,,,,,,, :waving:

·
The Wrecker
27 Posts
imported post

The Wrecker and Gill arrived home safe and sound, thanks everyone for a great week, hope to see you all another day

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

I guess I better post here too. Tracy and I had a very relaxing ride back in the air condition That Wayne so unselfishly provided for us, we got to hanover indiana around 8:30pm and we parked the wreck in the garage. Tracy and I had a great time even with me being trapped in the hospital room with D-rod and all those jokes:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1:John baby sitting me and the use of the sparebed thursday night for Tracy and me.

Ride Safe, Ray and Tracy:byebye:

·
1,707 Posts
imported post

Huggy and I are glad you made it home safe and sound.

Thank goodness things were not worse than what they are.We were surprised by looking at the damage, that you guys got off that lightly on the injury front. Thank God you both had helmets on.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
imported post

Debbie and I made it home after a couple of long backroad days and some shopping. Had a nice ride along the Erie lakeshore.
We are all so thankful that Ray & Tracy are still with us after their little incident.
Thanks to Dennis and Patty and their crew for all the hard work that they did to see that this year's NASSIR was a success.
Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.

Scott & Debbie

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

We'rehome (safe) also.
Now a little thinner, too hot to eat much.
I feel a little melted from the heat... movie suggestion,
"THE LONG HOT SUMMER".

Bailey (pooch) didn't whine at all in his box while traveling, must be aton-of-air at the back of the bike. Did do extrastops for him to drink so it took a little longer to get back. When it was time to go he climbed in his box on his own. NASSIR'1 we had to prod & push him a lot back then, guess he got the routine.

All in all we had a fine time.

“IF” I KNEW... I’dbeen in the FRONT of the line going on the Canada ride. “Sorry ‘bout that”.

At this time we’re not sure on NASSIR 4. For us that's 5 HARD DAYS of riding (10 round trip), even more for anyone east of Chicago. (yah-yah I know, can't please everyone)

I'd suggest Butte, Montana area. It's600 miles less for most easterners and a little more central for most.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
imported post

I'm home in Mount Hope,arriving home just after mid-night. What a week. Met some super folks, had too much to eat as usual startingwith "The Taste of Buffalo". Hats off to Patti and D-Rod for all their work. And Patti, I did mention about the power of the "MooseMilk"

:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

wgj46 wrote:
I'm home in Mount Hope,arriving home just after mid-night. What a week. Met some super folks, had too much to eat as usual startingwith "The Taste of Buffalo". Hats off to Patti and D-Rod for all their work. And Patti, I did mention about the power of the "MooseMilk"

Glad to hear you made it home after your extra long ride to Michigan.

A big thanks to you my friend for everything you did and everyone else in helping Tracy and I get home safe and sound:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Hope you can get down this way to ride with in the spring, that would be awesome:action:

Ray and Tracy:byebye:

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

wgj46 wrote:
And Patti, I did mention about the power of the "MooseMilk" 

You did and I knew that. I also knew I would not have to drive because Dennis was driving us home. So, thinking I could relax and enjoy myself - and that MooseMilk was really good - I indulged.

At the last minute, it was decided to bring your bike home that night so we wouldn't have to get up early the next morning. Scooter 7 volunteered to drive the truck home while Dennis drove your bike, then Dennis gave him a ride back to the lodge.

Thanks to everyone for making this get together a great success.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.