Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My first awareness was of spitting into the rough gravel in front of my face, and being rather smug that there was no blood in it…….

Off to my right side,my wife wept quietly, the bones of her left arm broken and exposed.

“Damn,” I said to nobody in particular. “That ain’t good.”

The big kid in the Michigan State Trooper’s uniform knelt in front of me…..

“Sir,” he said, in a strangely kind, lowvoice. “Can you hear me?”

(to read more)

Click to read more...

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Okay, I read it. MORE!!!! You can't leave us hanging like that. :(

DeDub

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Why do I just KNOW I'm not going to get through that one with dry eyes?

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Correct me if I'm wrong,,,,,,,, but I think this is the first time you've spoke of it like this. I have been curious about it, but figured you would tell the story in your own good time. So glad your both here with us CJ.

I can only imagine what is was like to suddenly realize something had gone terribly wrong.

So,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ya still got the shotgun?

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong,,,,,,,, but I think this is the first time you've spoke of it like this. I have been curious about it, but figured you would tell the story in your own good time. So glad your both here with us CJ.

I can only imagine what is was like to suddenly realize something had gone terribly wrong.

I do, lad, I do! Leaning up against my bedroom corner as I write this........and loaded! It came through the accident just fine! The Michigan State Police did a superb job for us. They inventoried and separately bagged everything in and on the bike for us..... we didn't lose a thing. I cannot say enough about honesty and character of those guys, and of the Bay Area Ambulance crew who scraped us up.... especially an EMT named Eric..... kept us going he did. Good people doing a good job.... bless 'em.

You're welome out here anytime, Winger, anytime........

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Winger77 wrote:

I do, lad, I do! Leaning up against my bedroom corner as I write this........and loaded! It came through the accident just fine! The Michigan State Police did a superb job for us. They inventoried and separately bagged everything in and on the bike for us..... we didn't lose a thing. I cannot say enough about honesty and character of those guys, and of the Bay Area Ambulance crew who scraped us up.... especially an EMT named Eric..... kept us going he did. Good people doing a good job.... bless 'em.

You're welome out here anytime, Winger, anytime........
Gotta get Utah and Colorado out of my system,,,,,,,,,, then your area just may be my next target;)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

As much as that little bit brought tears to my eyes, you still need to finish it. Of course I expect the writing of it to affect you much more than it has me so I know it will take you a while to complete it. And it's not complete until you've told us Red has finally got on the back of the new bike with you.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,722 Posts
imported post

More CJ, when you can. Talking it out is the best therapy, that is what my doctors said to me. Just keep on talking it out and one day, you can live with it.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
More CJ, when you can. Talking it out is the best therapy, that is what my doctors said to me. Just keep on talking it out and one day, you can live with it.
Hey guys.... I'm fine, really! The piece was just to tell you what happened right after the accident...... the hospital and post hospital recovery weren't worth writing about so much! Heck, with Vicodin, what's there to write about? Withenough Vicodin, you can't even suffer satisfactorily..... all I remember doing wasto joke around with Red and the nurses!

Honest, we're okay.... thank you so much for your concern!

·
Premium Member
61,466 Posts
imported post

After looking at you and Reds snowshoe trip you both must be pretty near well..
By the way, did you get to keep the deer ????????

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I found that hard to read.

I've come close a few times, once real close last summer, and I always manage to avoid thinking about the aftermath if I actually hit one of those critters.

Any more of this and I'll have to hang up the helmet. I think I am joking.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

CJ, you really do go through some hard times.

In my opinion, you and your wife are some pretty lucky dude and dudette. Somebody was looking after both of you.

Very glad that everybody is ok!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

In another lifetime in Virginia I was hanging out at the local FBO watching students doing touch-and-goes with fellow pilots. It was a pretty day, no wind to speak of with temps in the 80s. Our little runway was about the width of a nice 2 lane highway and had a creek running across it about a third of the way down, dug deep for good drainage. A 172 came in on final, lazily settling down in the warm afternoon sun. Suddenly the littleCessna jerked right then left and dissappeared into the depth of the creek bottom, rolling over as it went. We rushed to our vehicles and drove to the site while someone got on the radio to warn local air traffic about the accident. There was a crowd of people standing on the creek bank while a couple guys looked into the Cessna for the pilot; he was nowhere to be found. Suddenly someone saw him standing in the crowd and they asked him what caused the accident. He was wondering who had just wrecked his plane. He never remembered what happened until much later. It is amazing how our minds shut out events that would otherwise cause more trauma when we least need it.

When all is said and done, the anxiety we had fearing for your's and Red's well being still lingers with us. Ride safe, but ride often with the same passion you have for everything you do.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

CJ:
Great read! You remember more about your accident than I do after waking up from my colonoscophy. The weird thing is I woke up with all my clothes on in the clinic bed. My wife tells me the nurse told me to put my clothes on in bed as I could not stand.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Keep it going brother

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.