Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Indian Student

It was the first day of a school in the U.S.A., and a new Indian student named Chandrasekhar Subramanian entered the sixth grade.

The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American History. Who said 'Give me Liberty or give me Death'?"

She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Chandrasekhar who had his hand up. "Patrick Henry, 1775," he said.

"Very good!"

"Who said "Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth'?"

Again, no response except from Chandrasekhar. "Abraham Lincoln, 1863," said Chandrasekhar.

The teacher snapped at the class, "Class, you should be ashamed.
Chandrasekhar, who is new to our country, knows more about its history than you do.'

She heard a loud whisper, "F**k the Indians."

"Who said that?" she demanded.

Chandrasekhar put his hand up. "General Custer, 1862."

At that point, a student in the back said, "I'm gonna puke."

The teacher glares around and asks "All right! Now, who said that?"

Chandrasekhar replies, "George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991."

Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah? Suck this!"

Chandrasekhar jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher, "Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!"

Now with almost mob hysteria, someone said, "You little s**t. If you say anything else, I'll kill you."

Chandrasekhar frantically yells at the top of his voice, "Michael Jackson to the child witnesses testifying against him, 2004."

The teacher fainted.

:D

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:The said thing, many new citizens in fact, do care to learn more than we do. A sad commentary on how much we take what we have for granted.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

I have noted the following about previous generations.

Pop works hard so that his progeny will "have it better than he did."

The child who never experienced the hard times that their father did, know nothing of what went before them. If they hear of it at all, it is lips moving telling them, "I'm doing all of this for you....."

The current generation is so wound up with electronic toys, they don't even watch very much TV. And they certainly pay very little to the news, much less history.

My dad bought us a TV in 1953 so that we could enjoy "more than he had." Not too many years went by, that he wished he had never done that. But Pandora was already out of the box.

And each generation sees the same Pandora, only the facts have changed.

I am quite certain it wasn't much different in 1709 or 1809 when fathers then were trying to make it a better world for their progeny.

Technology has greatly changed our world, and I wonder what things are going to be available 40 years or so from now.

Oh, the joke. A good one. Excuse me for getting off topic. Or did I?

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hey...AZGL1500...this is the FUN forum...:)

But you are right...just no respect these days...no one seems to value what us oldies have to say anymore (I'm 51)

I must put my soapbox away...

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.