Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

DID YA'LL KNOW THAT THE LONGEST TRIP EVER MADE ON A MOTORCYCLE WAS DONE BY A GUY NAMED EMILIO SCOTTO RIDING A HONDA GL 1100!!! ABOUT A HALF MILLION MILES!:action:

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Is there a story attached to that trip? I need to read that one...

DeDub :18white:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

DO A GOOGLE ON HIS NAME

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

It is unbelievable. He must have had a sore butt though.

Shouldn't he be giving advice on the technical forum? I mean after 450,000+ km / 10 years, he must know everything that can happen to a GL1100.

His GL1100 is looking pretty beat now. I'm thinking that my 1982 looks good now.

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

HE WORE OUT 9 NEW SEATS WITH THAT SORE BUTT......THIS DUDE IS MY HERO!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

Wow...

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I wish I had the financing to go for just a year!!! :action:

Oh yeah,,

I like your signature line!!! And I agree with it!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

And of course my fav: Only 1 engine replaced.. :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
I wish I had the financing to go for just a year!!! :action:

Oh yeah,,

I like your signature line!!! And I agree with it!:baffled:
Go to his site and registar......he is taking 22 on his next adventure......free!

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
  I've read somewhere that the engine didn't NEED to be replaced, he was in Japan visiting Honda and they insisted on freshening up his bike for him.

Still haven't fixed it.  Anyone notice the error on the Wing World article?

http://www.wingworldmag.com/archives/december2004/
yes its a 1100 not a 12 ,,,,I thought the engine was replaced in Spain?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:

Anyone notice the error on the Wing World article?
Yep...took a minute. Wing World says he rode a GL1200 when in fact, it was an 1100.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Emilio's book is well worth a read. It makes interesting reading the first half has plenty of words but I think he ran out of them as the second half is mainly pictures.

you can get it on amazon and their product description is as follows.

For his eighth birthday, Emilio Scotto received a World Atlas. Promptly he announced his plan to make a route that would pass through all the countries of the world, a route he named BLUE ROAD ONE. When, some years later, he found himself astride a black 1100 Honda Gold Wing motorcycle, Blue Road One beckoned, and Scotto set off on a journey that would last more than a decade, take him virtually everywhere in the world, and land him in the Guinness Book of World Records. This is his story, a thrill ride that begins in his native Argentina, crosses Panama in the tumultuous time of Noriega, Mexico in the midst of an earthquake, and finds him broke in L.A. where, in a chance meeting, Muhammad Ali gives him fifty dollars and a signed book. Breaching the Iron Curtain, crossing the Berlin Wall at Checkpoint Charlie, being blessed by the Pope, set upon by cannibals in Sierra Leone, fleeing Somalia on a freighter, Scotto’s adventures would be unbelievable if they weren’t true. His tale of touring the world from Tunisia to Turkey, Petra to Afghanistan, Yugoslavia to Singapore, traveling miles enough to take him to the moon and back, is unlike any ever told. Come along, for the ride of a lifetime

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
He has more memories than most of us, for sure.
I have plenty of history, and plenty of memories----just can't recall them.:cheeky1:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

I think I read that he had paid 15,000 dollors us for his bike ! Wow thats about three times what it should have sold for new.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.