·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup,

·
Registered
259 Posts
Viruses only focused on Windows because it was more prevalent, not because it was inherently less secure.

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup,
I have been saying that for decades....

it was only because there were not enough users on MacIntosh/Apple products, same for Unix/Linux.
Once they gain enough users for the kiddos to try and trick them, the malware starts showing up.

Dunno about the Apple world anymore, they pissed me off in 1983 and I swore they would never see another penny from me ever..... and that is still true.

Linux Mint though, I have learned to really like. The devs are great, and work for the self satisfaction of it.... if they learn of a 'hole' in a module, they fix that module immediately and throw it into the next release for updates... those updates have occurred more than once a week, other times, a few months goes by w/o one.

·
Administrator
58,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a new article just released, backs up my theory:

Mac laptops and desktops running OSX have a reputation as being virus- and malware-free, but as Apple's market share increases, cybercriminals are beginning to focus their efforts on OSX machines, according to a recent report by Malwarebytes.

The State of Malware 2020 report is a deep dive into what this anti-malware company has found on computers and devices across its installation base, covering Windows, macOS/OSX, iOS and Android operating systems, and splitting threats into categories such as adware, trojans, hijackers, backdoors, spyware, ransomware and others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts